Custom drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the obvious exception that they need to go over fluffy undies, they're cut to fit folks in the middle of the road. If off the rack clothes fit you well, you'll likely be fine.

For me, a large was perfect, except my legs are too short and my feet were too small. The medium solved the feet and short legs, but my a$$ is too big and my shoulders too wide for a stock medium - so I had to go with a custom.

My wife, fit perfectly into a stock ladies DUI 350 medium. But then again, she fits off the rack most of the time. I hate her for that.

If you can swing an off the rack, its cheaper and faster.

K

be sure to order it with pockets, get the bellows kind, same on both sides.

I wear a rack medium TLS 350. I'm about 5'9 (or 10), 170-175.

WW

4" - 5" isn't too much extra room to have in the belly area, your torso will be wrapped in straps anyway. The only thing the waist cord does is to keep you lookin'good on da boat. :wink:

Try bending over & touch your toes, then sit down & roll up in a ball & wrap your arms around your knees. Reach back for your valve. You're really better off with a tad too much room than to have your movement restricted.
You'll probably be varying the amount of undies you have on, so be sure to take that into account as well.

WreckWriter once bubbled...
be sure to order it with pockets, get the bellows kind, same on both sides.

I wear a rack medium TLS 350. I'm about 5'9 (or 10), 170-175.

WW

Would installing pockets myself be a bad idea? I'm about 5'9-5'10 and 150#

sillygrendel once bubbled...

Would installing pockets myself be a bad idea? I'm about 5'9-5'10 and 150#
They will just look like my wetsuit pockets instead of my drysuit pockets...DUI does an AWESOME job with pockets. They are expensive ($100 per pocket, installed), but worth it IMHO.

If you're ordering a suit from DUI, get them to put the pockets on at the time of order. They come out great - and they have the time, experience and tools to do it right. I've seen a lot of pockets lately that weren't put on straight, are too low, etc. and if you're gonna have the suit for the next 10 years, it makes sense to just have them do it.

I got the large zips with the stiffeners - love them. Easy to get in and out of, hold lots o' stuff, grommet drain holes, D-ring inside, etc.

k

i concur with Oring and Mo2

DUI did my pockets and P valve and its a first rate job. i was impressed with the DUI suits before, but now im holding my SS 450 i have a new appreciation for thier quality.

I too didnt fit a stock suit 5'11" 195lbs. Suit would have been 2 inches longer in the legs than i needed on a large, i went with the custom and i'm loving it.

Also got a forearm dump, which i after diving it i know i did the right thing. for me anyway.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom