Custom drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Custom DC Pinnacle 2mm - very happy with it.

LDS owner did the measurements. he sent it back 3 times because they didn't fit it quite right, regardless of measurement :D .

final work done was a rebuild of the top. when he said he'd get it right, he really meant it. turned out they had a new cutter at DC. so the final build was personally supervised by the DC owner's wife (don't remember her name). oh, i had the much-talked-about drygloves with the 'robust' ring system - a bit too warm if the water is above 50F though.

and then there's the undergarment. started out as a stock size, went to custom cut (gratis, by the way) and then another custom tuck and finally to the stretch version (gratis as well).

i love the suit. too bad i now dive in much warmer waters :(.

Just ordered and picked-up a customized 50/50 hybrid drysuit from White's of Canada, about 2 months ago. "Polar-flex11"

Like everybody else, i went to my lds for measurements to be sent to White's and in return, the suit with undy's was outstanding & right on the mark for measurements.

I could not be any happier for the money that i spent.

About the only drawback was delivery time of about 10 weeks. Thought that was a little long.

God only know's i quess. Probably it was their busy time..

safe diving::wink:

I am pleased as punch too. Faith measured me when my LDS initially took DUI on as a vendor. I was used as the guinea pig for the employee training on measuring for my local LDS with Faith doing the measuring.

Once I got the suit I thought the legs were a tad too wide in the thigh....but after diving in my 400G underwear with another set of heavy undies underneath this is not the case! They asked me what I was going to wear underneath and they hit the measuring and cutting right on!

Garfish wrote...
Like everybody else, i went to my lds for measurements...
Not quite everyone else, since I bought mine over the phone. I had my measurements taken by a couple of tailors, but the most accurate results were the work of my girlfriend.

I just wanted to say that I am very pleased with my clx450 special production drysuit. I met Dick Long 2 years ago at a DUI Demo Days. He assured me that DUI could manufacture a suit for me. I am 6'5", aprox 300 lbs and a left arm amputee. Dick Long and his staff were excited to worked with me to make a safe and proper fitting suit. They were always willing to answer my calls and e-mails regarding questions and concerns I had. Once I received the suit a minor ajustment was needed to lenghen the right arm. DUI had the suit overnited, made the adjustment and returned it to me in time for my next dive. They are now working with me to customize a Delta BCD to my requirments. DUI has a commitment to diver satisfaction and any special needs one may have.

Bob

I've seen him and his suit is perfect!

Hi Bob!!! :wave:

I'm debating wether to go with a stock drysuit or a custom one. Right now I'm looking at the TLS350.

My question to those with custom suits...

How well do they fit?? How much 'slack' is in various areas.

I tried on a stock medium today but I don't have much of a basis for comparison.

sillygrendel once bubbled...
I'm debating wether to go with a stock drysuit or a custom one. Right now I'm looking at the TLS350.

My question to those with custom suits...

How well do they fit?? How much 'slack' is in various areas.

I tried on a stock medium today but I don't have much of a basis for comparison.
I know it is hard to tell from my profile pic, but my suit fits like a glove. There really is no extra slack anywhere outside of the telescoping torso. Without the telescope feature there is no way I would be able to reach my valves in my suit..

That looks kind of similar to how it fits me.

With the exception of the mid section which I can pull out about 4-5" from my belly button.

sillygrendel once bubbled...
That looks kind of similar to how it fits me.

With the exception of the mid section which I can pull out about 4-5" from my belly button.
There is a length of bungee cord in the back of the waist area that you can lengthen or shorten to take in the waist. I would think you would be golden with a stock once we shorten the cord.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom