Custom drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just had to tell someone. I finally did it. Ordered my custom Northern Diver drysuit today! I should be diving dry in about a month.

If Scubaboard's resident friendly Viking and Northern Diver rep is listening, thanks for all the help and keep on those folks in the UK.

Hi tbg:

Welcome to the ranks of the dry suit diver. I hope you have great luck with your new investment. Nice to be able to get a custom job done. I get mine right off the rack, but I’m a medium so off the rack fits fine. Custom gets a little pricey when your dealing with DUI.

……Arduous ………

I appear to have what may be an uncommon problem. Due to my body shape (too tall and too skinny) I can't wear off the rack suits. I've resigned myself to the fact that I have to buy custom. Unfortunately, the one I currently own (6.5 Full body Atlan Titanium) is beginning to go Tango Uniform after a mere 13 dives. I've taken care of it, but the ankle and wrist glide skins are starting to separate from the main part of the sleeves. I need something thick due to local temps and my skinny body leads to rather quick chilling in sub 60 temps. Anyone have any recommendations on suits. Should I just save up for the dry and forgo the neoprene altogether? Thanks in advance...

I'd vote dry, especially if you're going to do multiple dives per day in your area, or liveaboard diving down in the Channel Islands.

REMF, eh?

:wink:

I have heard good things about Otter Bay in Monterey.

http://otterbaysuits.com/

I think that there are advantages to being able to head down there and have the suit tailored as she makes it. You could even dive on the trip!

I was all but ready to go there until I found an off-the-shelf Henderson that fits me (5'9" with 29" waist).

Hello Rem:

like yourself and probably many others ,have a problem when trying to find a wetsuit to fit you like a glove.

I just want to say that i just ordered and received a custom made drysuit and could not be happier as far as fit and being comfortable.

Think about diving dry. Their are alot of different manufactures out there, so you can see what is in your price range.

Also it is worth the extra expense for being customized.

Safe diving to you:

remf3 wrote...

Yeah...old Army nickname...does it show?!?

:jester:

:D

Now you have me wondering what the poster who goes by "Buff" really had in mind with that name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom