Custom drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I would appreciate any info on where to get custom dry suits. thanks in advance

Plus, any LDS offering the different lines of drysuits should be able to answer your questions on custom fit.

Whites, DUI, Abyss, Moby's, Brooks... just a few that come to mind.

I think just about all the best known mfgs will do custom... for a price! :wink:

Of course we each have a custom DUI 350 TLS trilam. :wink:

~SubMariner~

I was offered a price today on a new custom dry suit. Being a new diver I have no idea what would be considered a fair price. Any help available on these boards?

thanks in advance

Depends on the make of the suit. A new Abyss Pro Kevlar TX with all the options and custom fit is running about $2100US in Canada. A good shell suit with custom fit is going to run $1400+ pretty easy.

Mike

I just had a custom ordered, custom cut Andy's DS2 Trilam and....Custom cut unders too....cant have any "bunching"

That ran me $1800.00

AND REMEMBER....IF YOU ORDER A CUSTOM SUIT. HAVE THE SHOP DO THE MEASUREMENTS. THAT WAY IF IT DOESNT FIT, IT WAS THIER MEASUREMENTS, NOT YOURS.....

And yes, I am shouting.....my Andy's came three weeks and one day after measuring and ordering. The chest was tight, the shoulders were at least 4" short, and the waist was too small.

The shop owner looked like someone had died. He knew that HE had taken the measurements and I think that he thought he was going to get stuck with the bill.

Andy's was great (Much to the owner's relief) They told him that whenever you get a big guy the measurements are a only a rough guide, there is a lot of guess work with large shoulders, chest waist, and then normal or shorter legs and thighs.

Shop owner said I'm built like Fred Flintstone. Don't know if I like that or not....should change my UserID to FredF.:)

So if you are going to spend the bucks for a custom cut....have the shop do the measuring.

Sorry to rant and yell.....just wanted to avert a tragedy....

Yabba Dabba Doo.......

Wind/FredF

I'm in the process of mail ordering a Northern Divers custom cut compressed neoprene suit for $1000. This was the best price out there for a custom suit! The dealer is a ScubaBoard member. I think the sky is the limit though in terms of custom suits. DUI or Diving Concepts sold via my LDS would cost me close to $2000, for example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom