Current water temperature in Dauin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all
I may be heading to Dauin next week and wonder if anyone diving there now or recently can share what the temperature is/has been.
I’ll be flying in and don’t want to take 2 wetsuits.
I am partial to the 5mm but it’s a bit heavier.
With my 3mm, I could wear a rental shorty if cold.
From some research it could be around 27/28 which is nice but can get cold for me after a few days.
I’ll have a hood of course.
Thanks

And any recs for restaurants there would be appreciated.

No specific data exactly for Dauin but sampling all locations around it should be above 26C. World Ocean Temps

Hello all
I may be heading to Dauin next week and wonder if anyone diving there now or recently can share what the temperature is/has been.
I’ll be flying in and don’t want to take 2 wetsuits.
I am partial to the 5mm but it’s a bit heavier.
With my 3mm, I could wear a rental shorty if cold.
From some research it could be around 27/28 which is nice but can get cold for me after a few days.
I’ll have a hood of course.
Thanks

And any recs for restaurants there would be appreciated.
All depend on your cold tolerance.
3mm + rental shortie is bare min for me at this time of the yr in the country. I am heading to PG in couple of wks and 5mm + hood will be my standard.
You should be looking at lower 20ish(C) from my previous experiences.
Water is never too warm after few days of diving.
Have a nice one.

All depend on your cold tolerance.
3mm + rental shortie is bare min for me at this time of the yr in the country. I am heading to PG in couple of wks and 5mm + hood will be my standard.
You should be looking at lower 20ish(C) from my previous experiences.
Water is never too warm after few days of diving.
Have a nice one.
Thanks for the info.
I think I’ll only need the 5mm and may add to that if needed.

@klausi

Appreciate your input here, thanks

Download the Windy app. It shows current and historical wind, air temps, sea temps, etc for anywhere you like.

Download the Windy app. It shows current and historical wind, air temps, sea temps, etc for anywhere you like.

Yup. One of my go tos.
Just looking for real time temps if possible.
Thanks.

Floridians in Puerto Galera now and water has been the coolest we have experienced in the Philippines on our trips: 25 C with maybe a 1/2 degree variation F this whole week. We rented 3 mm full suits, and the wife bought a hood the second day. 🤣.

If you are planning to go soon, 5mm will keep you comfortable, the water temp in So.Leyte has been around 25-26C.

Back
Top Bottom