Trip planning help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I just did ^
So you guess the answer :D ..
I like so much my local guides, they kill my eyes and help me get images (UW photo is a hobby, even though i get published sometimes, that's far from being a business).
Since you're located in Dauin, you know how hard it is to find some of the small macro stuff, in tulamben they're even smaller, a few mm for some, or if bigger, rarer to find.

So you guess the answer :D ..
I like so much my local guides, they kill my eyes and help me get images (UW photo is a hobby, even though i get published sometimes, that's far from being a business).
Since you're located in Dauin, you know how hard it is to find some of the small macro stuff, in tulamben they're even smaller, a few mm for some, or if bigger, rarer to find.

Nice pics! I will be sure to bring my magnifying glass!
I know you have given me a few names and shops already, thanks!
I always prefer to dive with local guides.

Nice pics! I will be sure to bring my magnifying glass!
I know you have given me a few names and shops already, thanks!
I always prefer to dive with local guides.
How do you search the local drivers on the net?
Just Bali car service or something like that,?????

How do you search the local drivers on the net?
Just Bali car service or something like that,?????
I PM'd you

Questions: Heading to Amed with the family in June.
1) looking for a dive shop/guide to take wife and kid on refresher shore dive. Any recommendations?
2) After refresher dive, and Liberty wreck dive, what dive sites should I hit for macro photo around Amed and Tulamben?
Thanks

Questions: Heading to Amed with the family in June.
1) looking for a dive shop/guide to take wife and kid on refresher shore dive. Any recommendations?
2) After refresher dive, and Liberty wreck dive, what dive sites should I hit for macro photo around Amed and Tulamben?
Thanks
Let your guide give you some options/suggestions. Between diving the area every single day and the local networking system, they will know which sites are going off and which others are kind of quiet. Just because I had an amazing time on Seraya three months ago does not mean it is a solid dive today. Let your guide work for you.

Is it true that the bumpheads on the Liberty were eaten during covid?

Unfortunately this is true. I have seen a couple humphead wrasse inside the wreck but the bumpheads are gone. There is hope that there are a few remaining that have moved off the wreck and we will see them come back, but for now, there are none.

It makes me quite sad because that was one of a handful of reasons I took this job.

Feel free to send me a DM if you have need any additional advice or up-to-date info as I am diving daily on multiple sites throughout Amed and Tulamben with some dives in Nusa and Candidasa.

Unfortunately this is true. I have seen a couple humphead wrasse inside the wreck but the bumpheads are gone. There is hope that there are a few remaining that have moved off the wreck and we will see them come back, but for now, there are none.

It makes me quite sad because that was one of a handful of reasons I took this job.

Feel free to send me a DM if you have need any additional advice or up-to-date info as I am diving daily on multiple sites throughout Amed and Tulamben with some dives in Nusa and Candidasa.

Are you truly sure this is the case or just a rumor?

I have several friends in Tulamben who have told me this isn't the first time the bump heads have moved off the wreck, and some of them are still hanging out around Batu Emerald. Perhaps they will return again, but sometimes things change.

What makes more sense?
1. The most popular, giant fish at the most popular dive site in all of Bali were fished off the wreck, eaten, and no one actually saw it or gave a sh-t during COVIVD?

2. A bunch of fish that hung out frequently at the most popular dive site in Bali moved elsewhere as things change over time.

Obviously, you are far more in the loop than I am, but I just have a hard time believing all those massive fish were taken from the wreck and the Tulamben community just stood back and accepted it.

Are you truly sure this is the case or just a rumor?

I have several friends in Tulamben who have told me this isn't the first time the bump heads have moved off the wreck, and some of them are still hanging out around Batu Emerald. Perhaps they will return again, but sometimes things change.

What makes more sense?
1. The most popular, giant fish at the most popular dive site in all of Bali were fished off the wreck, eaten, and no one actually saw it or gave a sh-t during COVIVD?

2. A bunch of fish that hung out frequently at the most popular dive site in Bali moved elsewhere as things change over time.

Obviously, you are far more in the loop than I am, but I just have a hard time believing all those massive fish were taken from the wreck and the Tulamben community just stood back and accepted it.

I am only stating what I was told by the locals in Tulamben. Multiple porters there have told me the locals fished the during the COVID.

Could they have moved? Yes they could have but it is not typical behavior for that species. I hope I what I was told was incorrect and will be doing a sunrise dive today to check for them.

I will report back one way or another.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom