Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redondo and 3 tree today...
Vis Sucked.....not bad at 3 Tree about 15ft...
Redondo was about 10 or less...
Water was cold...not many critters, but then I may be spending too much time working on skills...haha
K

Working on skills? Is Leeward getting to you?

scubak:
Redondo and 3 tree today...
Vis Sucked.....not bad at 3 Tree about 15ft...
Redondo was about 10 or less...
Water was cold...not many critters, but then I may be spending too much time working on skills...haha
K
You must've hit Redondo after the tide started going out ... we were there earlier (in the water about 9:20 AM) and vis was pretty good. Cheng found a large octopus sitting out in the open near the first boat (about 55 fsw) ... actually, she said it found her. She was taking a picture of a nudibranch and all of a sudden this five-foot long tentacle came snaking up underneath her. She turned around and almost swam into the thing ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The wife has a day off on Friday, and we thought we would maybe try EUP in the am. (She’s never been there).

As she is a new diver, I am concerned about the vis. conditions due to the intense rain lately. If anyone could provide a current vis report close to Friday for that area it would be greatly appreciated. (It is about a 45 minute drive, and we can dive West Seattle without traveling, if EUP is less than 10-15 ft).

I was down in Edmonds this morning, and expected the viz to be awful after all the rain, but it was typical Edmonds -- 10 to 15 feet. Might have been better had we gotten out a little further and a little deeper (training dive, never got out very far).

Thanks.

I think we'll keep that as our plan (unless I hear otherwise before Friday).

Seacrest Cove II on Friday night -

vis was extremely poor (just a few feet at times) due to runoff and lots of harbour seal activity.

Cove 2 on Saturday ... vis was somewhere between 4 and 10 feet, depending on depth.

It was perfect for my AOW class navigation dives ... :wink:

Sunday was a bit better, but still poor enough to make the Search and Recovery dive a meaningful experience ... :browsmile

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Mukilteo yesterday (Monday). Vis was about 3 feet above 12 fsw (appeared to be plankton hanging in water), and then cleared to a whopping 7’ +/-. Good for the AOW nav. class though.

Saturday at 64th and Alki (Junk Yard). Maybe 7-8' (if you squinted a little) that is until we got there. Then vis went down (just a little). :wink: That was my first experience assisting with an OW class (OW dives 1&2). We only had one instructor on hand so we had to try to hold the whole group together on dive 1. A lot of words for descriptions come to mind. (I think I was more stressed out than the new divers).

It was perfect for my AOW class navigation dives ...

You and I have a different definition of "perfect", Bob . . . says the woman who was trying to do said nav dive standing on her head :)

Viz at the junkyard on Sunday was 10 to 15 feet -- much better than Cove 2 the day before, or so it seemed to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom