Current GLWC Merchandise Order Thread..(order fulfilled, please use the new thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates done!

I will try to locate the old orders (I have them on another spreadsheet on my computer.) and enter them in as well. If you asked me for merchandise at any time, it may be advisable to click on the link to the new spreadsheet in a week or so. Or just tell me now what you want. I won't enter duplicate orders.

I have an update on the pricing for flags from Bay Supply. The pricing was a bit more than we expected when we started to pursue this. I will present the information to the group for consideration, I will be purchasing at least one flag for flying at all of our events.

Let me start by asking the group if they had a choice between back ground colors of Bone, Lt. Tan, Buff(kinda gold) and silver which would you choose. I suppose white could be considered, but may show dirt to easily.

As for pricing:
3X5 applique backside reverse best quaility $189
3X5 applique backside reverse simplified quality $159
3X5 printed backside reverse $99 3 or more $89
car flags double sided $26 each minnimum 12
car flags single sided $22 each minnimum 12

Bay Supply does not do the car flags they are out-sourced, so if we were interested in ordering these we should let Bay Supply know that we will be meeting the minnimum requirements so that they will forward the artwork on to the supplier. Ideally we should have an order ready by March 10th so we could get delivery for the Meet & Greet.

Brian has decided that for now we will hold off on the wreck preservation fund as these prices were a little higher than expected, I say if you want to add a few sheckels to your order we could still wrestle something up. I did have another idea for raising some money, it would include us finding someone to print us up some waterproof badges similar to the DAN submersible tags. I was thinking that it wouldnt be to hard to set-up a printable insert with our logo and your scubaboard handle. Might be more expensive then the flags though.

Mitten Diver

Exactly what is the difference between best and simplified quality?

Anyway, those prices seem really high for flags / banners to me.

Big-t-2538:
Exactly what is the difference between best and simplified quality?

Anyway, those prices seem really high for flags / banners to me.

The way I understand it Tony is as follows:

An applique flag is made from material, so they would cut out the design of the boat and sew it on to the background, then the divers and so on. Best quality would show the details of the boat and the divers where a simplified version would be one color for the boat and the divers would be silhouetted on the flag.

As far as pricing is concerned it is high as I stated in my previous post. We may get better pricing as the order number goes up, but I have not confirmed that. We pay initially for the artwork set-up then things typically get cheaper. Sorry if that is not what the group wanted to hear, but you have the option of not purchasing the product. We receive a competitve price on our shirts because we order in bulk.

Please give us some input on this as March 10th is just around the corner. Ideally we would like to deliver the product for the Meet & Greet and the scuba show in Farmington Hills the following weekend.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
As far as pricing is concerned it is high as I stated in my previous post. We may get better pricing as the order number goes up, but I have not confirmed that. We pay initially for the artwork set-up then things typically get cheaper. Sorry if that is not what the group wanted to hear, but you have the option of not purchasing the product. We receive a competitve price on our shirts because we order in bulk.

Mitten Diver

I concur with what your saying here Mitten. Its probably like getting the initial embroidery set up done and paid for on hats and/or shirts. The initial set up and order always costs more per unit because of that. The more units you order, the more units the initial set up costs get divided by, the lower the unit cost goes. The next time you order you don't have to pay the set up cost so the pricing is automatically cheaper per unit.

We have never ordered banners but we do order flags. As i recall we have ordered "silk screened" type flags much cheaper. Do the flags have to be "applique" type where the sewing might cost the bigger bucks or can they be silk screened? I don't really know, i'm just asking.

I just went and looked at the flags we have. Our company & state flags are applique type, POW/MIA & MCL flags look like a silk screen type. All are 3x5 flags. Not sure what any of them cost.

One other thing, we have a company in town, Britton Banner, that specializes in custom banners. They are big, they do banners for things like NASCAR, pro sports & NCAA events, so i'm not sure they would work on our small scale but they do specialize in banners. Those big ones you see at big events. I could make a call if you guys want.

gedunk:
Do the flags have to be "applique" type where the sewing might cost the bigger bucks or can they be silk screened? I don't really know, i'm just asking.

Jon,

There is an option for having the flags screen printed for $99 each with an order of 3 or more reducing the cost to $89 each. The applique flags are very expensive and may not be worth the investment.

I want to say that Bay Supply works with Britton Banner for some of their projects. I thought that I had forwarded the artwork to someone from Britton last fall when I fixed the coloring on the lakes.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
I want to say that Bay Supply works with Britton Banner for some of their projects. I thought that I had forwarded the artwork to someone from Britton last fall when I fixed the coloring on the lakes.

Mitten Diver

Could be. When you guys figure out what you want let me know if i can help. I'm a pretty good scout/recon guy. :wink:

Tim,

Welcome to the board and to the GLWC!

To order, you can just post your preferences here, i.e. type of shirt, color, size, pocket/no pocket, etc. Diverbrian or one of his assistants will add your order to the list. He'll contact you later with total costs and payment info. I believe those attending the GLWC can pick up their merchandise there, and the rest will be shipped, but don't quote me on that.

To view the merchandise available, and to track your order, you can check out diverbrian's order spreadsheet. (This is a link to a spreadsheet.)

If you have any more questions, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom