Curing time for Aquaseal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Histrix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A couple of weeks ago, my partner told me he would work on replacing the boots on my drysuit. He just finished applying the aquaseal with the accelerator this evening, and this is the only thing holding the boots on. We are supposed to go diving with a group tomorrow morning, and he claims that it would be safe to use the suit <12 hours from now, but I am not certain that it will be cured by then. Should I hold off on diving in it for now?

I personally wouldn't trust just Aquaseal to hold the boots on. It is not very strong. Had a buddy who did that with wrist seals & they popped off almost as soon as he dropped into the water,.... instant drysuit flood.

I certainly wouldn't use any McNett product to install new boots on a drysuit.

If it is a trilaminate (i.e. shell or membrane) suit then the correct adhesive would be Bostik 2402 or one of the similar two-part glues on the market.

Thanks for the info. I was really skeptical about using Aquaseal for this particular application -- I didn't think it would hold up. Glad I didn't go diving in it this morning.

Order a can of drysuit glue from Dive Right Inn Scuba. Oh and hope that your friend did not make the area a pain or dang near impossible to clean and do a proper repair by using aquaseal on it. Neoprene or shell suit?

He did use Aquaseal on it. It is a shell suit. From what I gather, he destroyed it, then?

Sew it and it should be fine. Then put Aquaseal mixed with Cotol 240 over the threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom