CSSP weekend of July 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98:
I'm lookin' at just a day trip, probably be there about noonish or one or so Friday.

Is everyone lookin' at the N.E. docks to meet up at on Friday until rkr gets there?

I'm takin' my new 6.5 wetsuit, and will have to mess with the weights thing on this new one. Help!

Anyone wanna volunteer to carry extra weights?

Mike,

I'm going to be there Friday, probably around 10 or so. I'm trying to talk Pearson into coming with me, so we may have a motley crew there.
Are you talking about meeting at the far NE dock by the plane, or in the middle around the training platforms? Let me know, and if I get there first I'll try and stake out a spot. I'll be driving a blue '03 Ford Expedition, with an IAFF firefighters sticker and an Athens Scuba Park sticker in the back window.

Thomas

LOL, if you do get Eric down there we will have a motley crew. I was thinkin' about the N.W. docks. Oops, I said N.E. in the other post, huh? Dang I hate typos.

Doesn't matter where y'all are at, I'll find ya. Will start lookin' after I rent a tank. The far northwest docks with the canopy over the picnic table is nice though. Haven't been since they sank the plane.

Foo, I may regret it, but I'm just wearing my doo-rag. Ahhhh!!!

See trip report for dem vicious little *#@&!. [thread=15995]here[/thread]

Anyone interested in doing a night dive Friday night? I'll have to leave shortly after that, but I would love to do one. I've never done a night dive at CSSP.
:diver:

rkr, I have enough weights, just want someone to carry extra for me so I won't be overweighted at first. :D

Just kidding, will overweight on the first dive to see how it goes. Then shed some.

Ken, would love to do a night dive, but...that would put me back home after midnite. Dang it, gonna have to do the camping thing or rent a hotel sometime this summer. I wonder if Chuck Norris is still doin' the reserve deputy thing for Kaufman County S.O. and could recommend a place? Yeah, like he shows up for work, honorary thing I bet.

Lets meet at the wood docks by the platforms instead of up by the plane. The entry is a lot cleaner jumping rather than wading into the water IMHO. Plus there are more covered tables. But I'm easy.

Hey Foo, TruckDiver and I found a real cool dive plan where you can stay above the thermocline. (I can't believe Randyjoy went into the Silo with just a 3mm)

Texass:
Lets meet at the wood docks by the platforms instead of up by the plane. The entry is a lot cleaner jumping rather than wading into the water IMHO. Plus there are more covered tables. But I'm easy.

Hey Foo, TruckDiver and I found a real cool dive plan where you can stay above the thermocline. (I can't believe Randyjoy went into the Silo with just a 3mm)

This works for me, and you're right, most of the tables are there. FYI, though, they moved that covered pontoon type dock down to the plane, so you can do a regular entry there as well. With most of the tables being by the wood docks, though, it should be better since it looks like several of us are going to be there.

Well folks, we have to cancel. My husband has come down with some kind of bug (presumably from Mexico). He has not had an appetite since we were in Cozumel (actually couldn't eat much there either), and had diarrhea that didnt begin until we were home about 4 days. Now that's stopped, and he has had 102 fever since yesterday afternoon. His head is perfectly clear, no ear problems, just fever and feels really bad. He's never sick so he didn't even know what fever felt like, he just kept saying he feels "weird". His regular Dr. is closed today (duh) and the backup Dr. has said they will call in meds to our pharmacy, and to call his regular Dr. on Monday if he's not doing any better. Soooooo, Nurse Foo and her patient will be out of diving commission for Friday. I am very disappointed, but we all know how life goes sometimes. We'll catch you next time! Texass, I was really excited about the dive you were going to show me. Who knows, if he gets well quick maybe we can come Sunday. (The eternal optomist).

Foo

Texass:
(I can't believe Randyjoy went into the Silo with just a 3mm)

Well, I did have a 5/3 hooded vest...but if I was to stay very long, I would definately use a 7 mil or a Dry Suit. Kinda nippy down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom