CSSP weekend of July 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been a Dive Master for the Frisco store for about a year now. I still work for the City of Plano, so I actually spend more time at the Plano store than Frisco.

When I am at the Plano store, and I'm not on the clock with the city, I'll periodically help customers, fill cylinders, etc...

TwoBit

Hi all,
How were the conditions on 07/04 weekend? I'm planning to take my AOW on 07/17 weekend. I just got a 3mm Tilos wet suit. Do you think it is good enough or I need a 5 or 7mm wet suits?

Thanks
:dazzler1:

I haven't ventured into the silo since winter, but it's pretty darn chilly around 50'. That is if you call the mid 50's chilly. I wear a 7/5 and am toasty warm. A 5mm might be plenty, but you're going to freeze in a 3mm.

Of course ymmv.

We were there a few weeks ago. If you stay shallower (20 to 30 ft) the water was mostly in the 70's with a few chilly spots. I'm trying a 3mm this weekend, but I'm taking my 7mm just in case I'm too uncomfortable, and for when I dive the hole.

Was there the weekend of the 4th.

Very warm and toasty with a 3 mil to about 20'. Below, I added a hooded vest (3/5) and was fine down to the next thermocline, which was mid seventies.

Went in the silo for about 10 minutes, bearable with the 3 mil and hooded vest, but I wouldn't stay around very long. Around 60 degrees.

Glad to hear so many people headed there this weekend. We probably won't be there until early Friday afternoon, but we'll get some dives in before dark anyway. Anybody going to be around there any time Saturday or on Sunday morning? We're planning to stay until early Sunday afternoon.

I'm lookin' at just a day trip, probably be there about noonish or one or so Friday.

Is everyone lookin' at the N.E. docks to meet up at on Friday until rkr gets there?

I'm takin' my new 6.5 wetsuit, and will have to mess with the weights thing on this new one. Help!

Anyone wanna volunteer to carry extra weights?

I would like to join in with everyone on Friday. Are we meeting close to where the rescue divers take there classes?

See ya Friday,
Jana

We just have 3mm wetsuits and skins- will stay more in the shallows where it's warmer. More fishies there anyway! Oh yeah, speaking of fishies, I will DEFINATELY be wearing my hooded vest, also! Pirahna's skeer me!

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom