CSSP Texas Swamp Divers Meet and Greet

What date works best for you for a Texas Swamp Divers CSSP meet and great?

• Saturday August 19th

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Saturday August 26th

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • What's a Swamp Diver?

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxHockeyGuy:
Well, just got back from CSSP and I'd have to say the meet and greet was a success. I figure we had around 15 swampers there, although quite a few could not be there for the entire day. I think everyone had fun, no one got hurt, and we even put our heads together and came up with a new invention that could make us millions (inside joke for those who made the last dive, sorry, you had to be there). Many of us got 3 dives in, some 4, with some brats, burgers, and hot dogs in between. The visibility ranged from 4' to 15', with 15' being only in a few areas. On average I'd say the vis was a little under 10'. Oh yes, there was also beer after all the diving was done. I have pictures but am too tired to get them uploaded and linked over right now. I'll get those online this coming week and post a link.

From memory the following people were there:

Badaggie
blindref757 + Brother in law
Kaiser442
Ten9T6
texdiveguy
sealskin98
Firefyter
scubabum2
subvet644
bethbsting + husband

I know I'm missing several people from this list, so for those of you who were there please add to the list.

Please add ZzzKing to your memory banks. I had a lot of fun diving with everyone as well. I got Firefytr a special tank upgrade with brand new metal flake blue paint but he turned it down. Seems he prefers beat-to-hell aluminum although Timeliner very graciously offered to put a mirror finish on it for him. Oh yeah, add Timeliner in there too.

[bethbsting + husband

I know I'm missing several people from this list, so for those of you who were there please add to the list.[/QUOTE]

Howdy! I'm "+ husband."

It was a nice turn out at the pond. TxHockyGuy snared a pavilion at the north end and some of us set up some EZ ups down the shoreline a bit. I got a few topside pics., and am not even gonna try to put names with everyone. I didn’t get pics. of all that attended either.

There was more than enough food to feed the small army: hamburgers, brats, hot dogs, hot wings, and more.

ZzzKing was kind enough to act as my white balance slate for some of the underwater pics., he let me use his white shirtfront to set my white balance at depth. :D

Here are some pics., in no particular order:

EZ up swampers group 1.

EZ up swampers group 2

EZ up swampers group 3

EZ up swampers group 4

Who is that masked man?

White balance slate

New swamper-friend of Da King

Swamper’s mascot 1

Swamper’s mascot 2

I one my fellow Swampers was talking about his upcoming semi-closed rebreather intro. class he was going to take soon....whom might that be,,,my trend of thought must have been interrupted by food or a dive yesterday....?? :)

Better late than never! We had a good time yesterday--it was cool putting faces to names and SB Handles. Foo--you'll be happy to know that we all agreed that you were greatly missed!

Looking forward to the next one!

It's a good thing I left Frank--one more beer and them Red River Girls woulda been in luck!

We need a list of the 8 guys that went on the last dive--we need to make sure the royalties are paid accordingly when the new "invention" rolls out!!!

texdiveguy:
I one my fellow Swampers was talking about his upcoming semi-closed rebreather intro. class he was going to take soon....whom might that be,,,my trend of thought must have been interrupted by food or a dive yesterday....?? :)

It was Ten9T6, aka Kenny.

ZzzKing:
Please add ZzzKing to your memory banks. I had a lot of fun diving with everyone as well. I got Firefytr a special tank upgrade with brand new metal flake blue paint but he turned it down. Seems he prefers beat-to-hell aluminum although Timeliner very graciously offered to put a mirror finish on it for him. Oh yeah, add Timeliner in there too.

I was there as well, although I didn't dive with you guys yet. Just finished my certification today. Whooo.

Congrats TOTA!!!

Looks like your kinda an honorary Swamper...ya was in the same pond.

Come back out and get with some of us sometime.

Hey, TxHockeyGuy...was that beth + hubby that was sitting at the table to my left when Timeliner, myself, and TexDanceGuy :)D) came down to the pavilion?

Sorry I missed the Red River Gals...dang it.
:lol:

Wish Des could have made it...he does GREAT on grilling hot dogs. He don't even need any charcoal...go figure.

Oops, me bad. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom