CSSP Texas Swamp Divers Meet and Greet

What date works best for you for a Texas Swamp Divers CSSP meet and great?

• Saturday August 19th

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Saturday August 26th

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • What's a Swamp Diver?

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy:
WELCOME to the group...you become an OFFICIAL Swamp Diver only after making a dive with a current member--lol! We would love having you....I plan on being out there at 10am. I am hoping the first early bird has the gals at the sign in desk start a 'official' Swampers sign-in sheet!! We will be at the left after you pass the sign in desk....should be a good size group by noon. I drive a dark gray Ford Focus SW.

Thanks. I am looking forwrd to meeting some fellow divers. I have been CSSP a few times so I should not have any trouble finding you. The car description will be a big help. See you tomorrow!

SEALSKIN AND TEXDIVEGUY...Thanks so much for your help! I found a shop in Burleson with a one day turn around- even on Dacor. Silly me and the other dive shop guy... it's a Genesis regulator w/ Dacor octo.

I was hoping to get extra sleep Thurs/Friday but only 4 hours and so I'll need to get more than that to work Saturday night. I wouldn't want me watching my mother brother etc on a monitor without enough sleep.

Sorry about the grill. The money was too good to turn down. Hope everyone has a great time!

Things came together, I'll be there with my brother-in-law from Oklahoma. He doesn't know about the Ostrich Orientation at CSSP yet!!!

We won't make it until about 2 pm, but we can stay for a couple of cold ones. Save us a Brat!!! We'll bring something to pitch in for dinner. See ya'll in a few hours!

Sorry guys.. wasn't feeling 100% the last two days and woke up this morning sounding like james earl jones - nasty sore throat with all the coughs and bells and whistles.. hopefully you guys didn't miss me too much out there.

D,.

Me too, Daylon. My husband went on to San Antonio to the tournament, and I had decided to go to the Swamper party instead. Then, my daughter and son in law wanted to go away for the weekend for their anniversary, and needed a babysitter. So what did I end up doing? Babysitting, duh! But, as it turns out I wouldn't have been dive or party material today because woke up feeling congested and pretty crappy. But, I've napped when she napped, and so far it's been okay. Although I'm jealous of the fun that everyone's having at CSSP, I obviously shouldn't have been out there anyway. I know everyone's having a blast- the guest list looked great!

Well, just got back from CSSP and I'd have to say the meet and greet was a success. I figure we had around 15 swampers there, although quite a few could not be there for the entire day. I think everyone had fun, no one got hurt, and we even put our heads together and came up with a new invention that could make us millions (inside joke for those who made the last dive, sorry, you had to be there). Many of us got 3 dives in, some 4, with some brats, burgers, and hot dogs in between. The visibility ranged from 4' to 15', with 15' being only in a few areas. On average I'd say the vis was a little under 10'. Oh yes, there was also beer after all the diving was done. I have pictures but am too tired to get them uploaded and linked over right now. I'll get those online this coming week and post a link.

From memory the following people were there:

Badaggie
blindref757 + Brother in law
Kaiser442
Ten9T6
texdiveguy
sealskin98
Firefyter
scubabum2
subvet644
bethbsting + husband

I know I'm missing several people from this list, so for those of you who were there please add to the list.

I really enjoyed the day and my 3 dives,,,nice meeting some new Swampers and seeing old friends!! We need to get that 'product' into production and distributed in time for the holiday buying season--lol!!!

I was there too.

Two dives one 70 min and one 50 min.

It was interesting to see the sunfish sitting on nests. I have never seen them try to spawn this late in the year.

I was right on the coontail moss as a local name for one of the plants in that lake, it is also known as Two Leaf Milfoil. I havn't found the other one yet.

Good fun yall.

TwoBit

TxHockeyGuy:
From memory the following people were there:

Badaggie
blindref757 + Brother in law
Kaiser442
Ten9T6
texdiveguy
sealskin98
Firefyter
scubabum2
subvet644
bethbsting + husband

I know I'm missing several people from this list, so for those of you who were there please add to the list.
timeliner/Frank
richerso//John

Back
Top Bottom