CSSP 8/28 Treasure Hunt Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charley,
I want to go soooooo bad but I can't make it on that date! (Believe me, I have tried to hook n' crook to work it out, but no go). I hope you go and win the regulator! Please either post here or pm me after the treasure hunt and let me know how it went, and what you thought about it. I am going to do the one on Sept. 11 though, have cleared my calendar for that. See you then?

Foo

Foo:
Charley,
I want to go soooooo bad but I can't make it on that date! (Believe me, I have tried to hook n' crook to work it out, but no go). I hope you go and win the regulator! Please either post here or pm me after the treasure hunt and let me know how it went, and what you thought about it. I am going to do the one on Sept. 11 though, have cleared my calendar for that. See you then?

Foo

Sorry you won't be there, would love to meet some of the SB folks. Hmm the 11th. I'll check with my dive buddy and see what she has going on, then check with the wife. If they both say OK, I'll be there. :)

I'm thinkin' about it, should be fun.

An over inflated $20 entry fee and an additional $15 to do the hunt,,,,,you must be joking!!!

texdiveguy:
An over inflated $20 entry fee and an additional $15 to do the hunt,,,,,you must be joking!!!

Well I don't see anywhere any cheaper to dive (I'm brand new, so if there is one, please let me know :) ). And they say all prizes will be at least $15 in value, with some pretty nice ones (from their web site:

SOME OF THE PRIZES YOU could be TAKING HOME………

DACOR VIPER REGULATOR (2)
Us divers sonic bcd xl
4300 Nemo Light (2)
Flag front zip jacket L
Ikelite pc and mini lights
And much, much more!!!
Approximately 30 prizes!!!
(all at least $15.00 retail)
Only one prize per person

).

Would love a Viper (I dive an older Apex setup).
My dive partner could sell the BC (she's not an XL chuckle) and get her some gear.

Charley

texdiveguy:
Hey, if ya don't wanna go and think they're overpriced and all. DON'T GO! But don't whine about them either...........

TruckDiver:
Hey, if ya don't wanna go and think they're overpriced and all. DON'T GO! But don't whine about them either...........

TruckDiver-- NOT really whining,,,,just exercising my oppion on the topic! $35 is just a bit steep for the average guy/gal to pay,,they would get better attn. by poss. reducing the park entry fee by $5.

Charley-- you are right those are great prizes and a treasure hunt is fun,,,,hope it works out for you! The only other scuba park at this time in this general area is Athens Scuba Park at $15 divers and swimmers/snorkelers are $5.

texdiveguy:
Charley-- you are right those are great prizes and a treasure hunt is fun,,,,hope it works out for you! The only other scuba park at this time in this general area is Athens Scuba Park at $15 divers and swimmers/snorkelers are $5.

I've never been in ASP, although I've driven by it a few times. I do like the price, but for most people, isn't the added distance about as bad as the $10 entry fee difference? Not saying it would cost that much more to get there. From my place in Richardson (very near Emerald Sea Divers) to ASP is about 87 miles. From the same place to CSSP is about 50 miles. For me it's much better. My folks like about 15 miles North of Athens. :)

Charley

Never have dove ASP ,,,, but next Wed. I am going over and give it a try for fun. Best to you on your diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom