CSSP 8/28 Treasure Hunt Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan on going to the treasure hunt. I need a dive buddy though. If anyone is interested let me know. I should be there on Saturday morning. on Athens, We did that a few weeks ago. I did not like it. There is no fish and I found out that they put Alum in the water to keep it clear. I had a much better time at CSSP.

Kevin

texdiveguy:
TruckDiver-- NOT really whining,,,,just exercising my oppion on the topic! $35 is just a bit steep for the average guy/gal to pay,,they would get better attn. by poss. reducing the park entry fee by $5.

Yea, I agree on the $35 bucks. I'll be out there Saturday, but I won't be doing the Treasure Hunt, just diving..
I don't know if that helps ya out Chevyman, but I will be there. West side just north of the porta- pottie, the usual spot.

CharleyT, Athens is OK I guess, but it's kinda like a dead underwater junkyard, no fish or plantlife. Lots of junk and stuff on the bottom along with the "dive attractions". Also the bottom is the consistency of baby poop, really soft mud that stirs up with slightest touch. I don't think I'll ever go back. But ya know before CSSP opened up, it was our dive spot and we thought it was pretty cool. Go on down and dive it and judge for yourself..

I may try to go out there on Friday, but I can't do it Saturday. :diver:

You might want to avoid Athens if you color your hair or don't give your gear a good cleaning after every use. The water is chemically treated so it wreaks havoc with hair and gear. Also last time I was there platforms were on the bottom so any errant fin kicks from classes would white out the viz. CSSP is a big improvement over Athens Scuba Park. Back in the day though it was all we had.

ScubaTexan:
I may try to go out there on Friday, but I can't do it Saturday. :diver:

What's the diving like on fridays?....I always go on sat/sun

Fridays are a breeze...only a few classes out there, so we usually have the run of the place, so to speak.

Thanks truck driver I will look for you if i make it out there. I got a job offer monday took it and now i am working 2 jobs for the next two weeks. If I make it out there, I drive a Green Chevrolet Pickup, I am a 6'4" hippie. I am real easy to spot.

Kevin

Chevyman:
Thanks truck driver I will look for you if i make it out there. I got a job offer monday took it and now i am working 2 jobs for the next two weeks. If I make it out there, I drive a Green Chevrolet Pickup, I am a 6'4" hippie. I am real easy to spot.

Kevin

I'll be there on Sat. - driving a gold maxima - I'll look for you and TruckDriver. Anyone else going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom