Crystal River Manatee Kabobs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry i didnt make it out with you on saturday, sorry it wasnt all that great though. When down at Venice i just had to get some teeth and it wasnt until my 3rd dive i actually got anything worth shouting about!! Which was about 2 in the afternoon!

Hopefully another time, and just as a side note, not sure that my GF and i will be staying up at Ginnie, will come for the day, not sure about staying there as we are going up next weekend to do some training - cant overdo the place, and dont want to push my GF too far on this. Will hopefully still see you all up there in a few weeks.

Viz was definitely low. When Gibbon went to the bottom of the spring, I lost him at about fifteen feet... not even being able to see his WHITE tank! Unless you are playing someplace deeper than that, I second the "leave the scuba in the car" idea. We saw some really cool movement in schools of fish, and the T was cool to see OUTSIDE of a water park.
End result:
Too low viz
Too little interaction with wildlife
Too much trouble lugging full gear
Too many other people there, because...
Too late getting ONSITE!

May try again at a later date with basic gear.
Still great to be able to get into the water though.
Was an awesome day, weatherwise as well.
:crafty:

YESTERDAY?! WHERE? Is there a news article about it? What happened? I'm a firm believer in training first!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom