Crystal River Manatee Kabobs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firstly, i think H2Andy is out of here, he has something about a rescue class to deal with tomorrow.

simbrooks is right. my rescue class voted to move the
dives from next week to this week (Saturday and Sunday)
so i'm SOL.

wish i could come, guys

MMMMM food!!!!! That sounds like a plan. We will be getting there early I hope, so if you come in around noon, I'm sure we'll be ready for food by then. Probably doing a lot of diving if the T's are out. Just have to call and see what we're up to. :) We'll most likey stay in the KB area to start off. Maybe after lunch we might try one of the others. I am told three sisters is very clear usually, but not much of a dive. Gibbon will have his phone. Look for the white van with the TMBRWLF tag. I'll try to park CONSPICUOUSLY. :)

Just dont leave you gear in the van conspicuously!!!

Like i said, phone as i leave Venice, will be there around lunch, looking for some diving in the afternoon. I have dove King Spring, but not the other two. Where/what exactly is KB???

king's bay is in the crook of banana island. from PI, paddle out of the first channel and take a right at the point, stay in the channel until it opens up again, veer left. Look for the signs, boats and the reserve marker buoys. See ya there!

Your Kings Bay, is probably where my Kings Springs are, i was just wondering.

This is getting like instant messenger here! Just not so private

Gibbon, speak to you later and probably as i leave Venice in the morning, DSW, Gibbon and Maneater, see you probably around 12.30-1 and ready for lunch before another outing that afternoon on the yaks.

Ok, we're picking up rental gear in the morning and should be on site by or around noon. We're just taking an easy day, but I need to be back in town by 5.

"Trip report?"

Hehe. Vis was worse than they had a venice (10' or less)
when I say 10', I mean when 10' below DSW and Maneater, I could BARELY see their shadows.
crowded (around 20 boats, and about 30 people in the water)
Saw 1 Tee, OUTSIDE the zone (getting away from people at a fast clip).
I MAY have hit 15' on my gauges (scraping the bottom).
water temp was nice (around 80deg)
very little water movement (contributing to the bad vis)
I might go another time, but not with scuba gear, and not at noon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom