Crazy fly?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vam302

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found this article on a fly that apparently likes to lay its eggs (which get into your skin) on wet articles of clothing. It likes to live in tropical climates. Makes me think twice about hanging my wetsuit out to dry when visiting some places. Granted, this took place in Africa, which to me is "land of a million kill-you-in-flash parasites". I'm probably just paranoid, but it's a good read.

'A bikini bug ate me alive...' The horrifying story of a what happened when this woman left her swimwear to dry in the sun | Mail Online

So.... You live in Houston ( my birth place )
Folks from there are born with a natural resistance to creatures that you describe.

I would assume that some where in Houston there are several restaurants that serve those same creatures as a appetizer.... Most likely in a Soup or even sprinkled live over a Salad.

:D

So true...they say that if you can drink city of houston water, you should have no fear of Montezuma's revenge. I also go running within the city limits to strengthen my lungs for better air consumption during dives :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom