Cozumel's positive side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardzard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I started this thread because we have plenty of threads with
(he said she said)
(this is wrong)
(I didn't like that about Cozumel)

I have been to Cozumel 8 time and have lots of great memories, As I am sure many others here do also. So I thought we should have a thread about why we keep returning.

I found this on You Tube and this is why I keep returning

How could anyone not want spend a week doing this

Been there done that many times.......nothing beats the Carnival Party week except maybe Rio.:D

7_cozumel_carnival_2.jpg

OK, CZ you got diving, so I have.... wait for it.... FOOD.

El Moro -Terrific Mole and Ray.
Kinta - Food Network 'Fancy' on a Denny's budget. Nothing like a meal in the garden.
Del Sur -Just tried that. Who knew Argentina Empanadas were SO good?
La Perlita - Lionfish, the other white meat or Grouper without the guilt!
The Museum - Breakfast with a side of View!
Feel free to add on....

For me the most wonderful side of the island is the people. Simply awesome.

Last edited:
Great weed at a fair price.
:D

So I'm told.....:wink:

I like the warmth – of the climate, of the people, of the colors, of the language, of the food and spices.
I love the cheerful and annoying sound of the Z gas truck, the polite greetings exchanged with passers-by, the fact that when I limped for a week after knocking my little toe, about 10 strangers in the street asked me what happened and volunteered their tricks and recipes for natural remedies.
I love that the clerks at Mega or Chedraui don't put on fake smily faces but that most conversations I've had with strangers has felt real and meaningful.
I like to sit at the public beach knowing that I won't be bothered by a bunch of guys trying to sell me souvenirs or chat me up, but that I will easily make contact with a local mom watching her kids play in the water.
I love that on Easter day at Chen Rio a family invited me to share their picnic, that when one of my local friends was bedridden for 2 months after a motorcycle accident everyone took turns to bring him food and necessities and visit him to cheer him up.
I like the roosters in the yards, the fish on the reef, the greasiness of street empanadas, the fact nothing seems to happen on time or quite as expected, the fatalistic yet optimistic outlook on life, the nicknames that are so often spot on but would seem offensive in my country, the laughter, the dancing, the bantering and the albur (slang).

Great weed at a fair price.
:D

So I'm told.....:wink:

Yeah, you can get it right on the waterfront!
"I read about seeing happen once somewhere. Hemp! What more do you want, judge...? :laughing:

Such seems to be quite available anywhere, more so around the Caribbean. I never cared. Never got into it, but I wish it were legal to grow here. It seems so much more appealing than cotton farming, and I bet we could do a lot with the fibers. George Washington did well with it I'm told.

Back
Top Bottom