Cozumel's positive side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I first visited Cozumel in 1969 on a family trip. We drove down from the U.S. on a 17 day adventure.

It has been a staple of our diving diet for decades.

We have two groups returning after the ski lifts stop in the spring.

Yo soy Cozumeleno. ( if you figure cumulative time spent on the Isla de golondrinas )

Great idea for a thread in light of all of the other negativity. We leave in a week for our 8th trip to Cozumel and 11 to Mexico overall and to try to think of all of the reasons we go back would be impossible. The people, the diving, the food, the east side, the price, the weather, the safety, the close proximity of everything are just a few of the main reasons we go and will continue to go back.

Another great reason; it's an ideal destination for a diver with a non-diving spouse! After our first trip there, my wife wanted to return as much as I and was vocal about it on the plane ride home. We are returning for our third trip there this august, and I am not sure which of us is looking forward to it more. My wife is even considering finally giving diving a try, and said - but only if I can do my check-out dives in Cozumel".

Have to agree with Qnape, been 4 times in the last 2 years with the last time with my future wife a non diver. Before we left it was when are we coming back. We were back home for 3 mos before we had this years trip planned for our honeymoon. People at her work are always asking her don't you get bored and what do you do for 2 wks since you don't dive. She just turns to them with a big smile and says no and nothing.

My wife doesn't dive either and is just as excited if not more than I am. Diving is just one of the many parts that make it great.

Cvchief said:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Darol
I keep returning because on any given day an untrained fool like me with a camera, can take these.
04.gif

I didn't know you were untrained.... hehe.....​

Had to throw you a bone Chief.:D

Have been going since 2005. The reasons we love it, is not only the fantastic diving, the warm climate in the winter, the great food, the friendly people, is the friends we have made there and look forward to seeing again on our next trips. In addition to that, any non divers in the party are able to find much to do and see, as well as a great night life there. All in all, its a sweet total package.

The weather. (I'm from Canada, eh). My husband, who doesn't dive, comes to also enjoy the weather, what with him also being Canadian. And the affordable cost of vacation property to purchase.

Last edited:
There are a lot of reasons that I keep returning. Value being one of the biggest ones. Living in Houston, Cozumel is usually the most cost effective dive location for international dive trips. I also keep on coming back because I love the diving, and the people of Cozumel. Most of the locals I have met have been etremely friendly. I love the new friends that I have recently met, and I'm looking forward to meeting new friends on the Invade Cozumel trip.

It would be great to see them perform all dressed up. Maybe this June.

[video=youtube_share;UeBGNQxGhcA]http://youtu.be/UeBGNQxGhcA[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom