Cozumel's positive side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The people I've met, the diving I've experienced, the food I've enjoyed, and the peace I have found while on La Isla. In no particular order... ;-)

My first dives after certification happened in Cozumel. It was also my first trip to Mexico. I still look back and am amazed at the splendor of the reefs. The friends I have made there and the friendships that have continued to grow.

Walking down the street and seeing that things are just different there. There is character in the sidewalks that seem to just end but if you look 3' to the left or right, they pick up again. Friendly attitude of the people that live there. The genuine smile on the faces of the people that make their living making my vacation one that stays in my memories for years yet to come.

Upon return, I realize that my whole being has kind of changed. My smiles are a little bigger, my patience is greater. The trips make me a happier person at least for a little while.

On the serious side, Cozumel has the best diving. Visibility you can count on, friendly people, good conditions, only winded out twice in over 200 plus dives. Great food, easy to get to out of Detroit, nonstop flights, great snorkle trips to Punta Sur, wouldn't go without that on the agenda. Awesome dive Op's like ScubaDu, and Dive Paradise who go the extra mile to get it done safely, and first class. And some very very good friends. Can't wait to get back.

Last edited:
My wife and I went on while on an cruise the first time and fell in love with the Island. Don't get to go nearly enough, but love every trip we have made. Going to Coz is as cheap as going to Florida and in my opinion the water is clearer.

Greetings every one,
I know this isnt the Introduction forum but when I read the posts I figured couldnt be a better place to jump on board.
Ive been reading posts on SB for a while now and decided its time to introduce myself,
I have been certified since 2000 and have been a D/M since 2004 although havent really done much D/M work since 2007.
However I do get to take a few dive trips a year and must say Cozumel is always where I end up,weve been visiting for I think about 12 years now or back when Melgar was a part dirt part asphalt road and Carlos and Charlies was upstairs near the ferry pier, Like you all My wife and I really enoy the Entire Package of Cozumel.
from the food to the people and the diving all world class, and Carnival my favorite time to be in Cozumel only 9 more days...Ive already started packing !

For us, Cozumel is special because it is where we finished our certification 12 yrs ago. From where we live (western US), it is the cheapest Caribbean area destination, cheaper than going to Florida, and better vis and fishlife than almost anywhere in that area, too.
Going to Cozumel is just easy!. And balanced with bang for the buck, always great vis, variety of diving (swimthroughs, drift, deep, shallow, wreck) , great fishlife big and small, it really does call us back over and over.

We do like other destinations, don't get me wrong, but in the Caribbean area it is the best, IMHO.

robin

I keep returning because on any given day any untrained fool like me with a camera, can take these.

Oh, and the beer at this townsquare restaurant, with the yellow table cloths, is always ice cold.

Attachments

• 1IMG_0019.jpg
    1IMG_0019.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 019_19.jpg
    019_19.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 29453_1444535240026_1432496929_1144298_7940125_n.jpg
    29453_1444535240026_1432496929_1144298_7940125_n.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 021_21.jpg
    021_21.jpg