Cozumel what to expect now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So did anyone bet me money?

From Southwest today:

Starting November 8, the U.S. Government will require anyone traveling into the United States to provide COVID-19-related documentation and contact tracing information. If you're not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, or an immigrant, your requirements for entry are different and can be found here.
What you need to do
Before boarding, every Southwest Airlines® Passenger will need to give us an address where you can be reached once you land in the U.S. Every U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, and immigrant must show all of the documentation below depending on which group you're in:
If you're fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (18 and up)
A negative PCR or antigen test within 3 days (72 hours) before your flight into the U.S. or proof of recovery if you've recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days
Proof of an approved COVID-19 vaccination1
If you're not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated against COVID-19 (18 and up)
Provide a negative PCR or antigen test within 1 day (24 hours) before your flight into the U.S. or proof of recovery if you've recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days
Travelers ages 2-17
When traveling with a fully vaccinated adult, a child must provide a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 3 days (72 hours) before their flight into the U.S. or proof of recovery if the child has recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days
When traveling with a not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated adult, a child must provide a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 1 day (24 hours) before their flight into the U.S. or proof of recovery if the child has recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days
Everyone will need to show a paper or electronic copy of the required documentation above. If you don't have proof of a negative test or recovery from COVID-19, and choose not to take a test, you will not be allowed to board. If you are providing proof of recovery instead of a negative test, you will need a signed letter from a licensed healthcare provider or public health official stating you have been cleared for travel.
To learn more about these requirements for your trip into the U.S., click here.
If you want to change your itinerary
We're sorry if your plans are impacted by this government requirement. If you want to change your flight, you can at Southwest.com or by calling us at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
If you want to cancel your flight
You can cancel your flight up until 10 minutes before its scheduled departure time without a fee.2 If you purchased a Wanna Get Away® fare, the funds you used to pay for your ticket will be converted into travel funds you can use for future use.3
Because these requirements are new to us all, we ask that you be patient with us as we figure them out together. Know we're dedicated to providing the same experience you've come to expect and love from us at Southwest. We hope we get to share a smile with you onboard soon.
Thank you for your support,
Your friends at Southwest Airlines

OK the ground hog was pulled out of it's hole by it's handlers and read a decree off a teleprompter then scurried back without answering any questions.
Southwest has issued their alert but the other airlines seem to be hesitating as they try to find out the details. Since the airlines have to do the dirty work and screen the inbound passengers they probably want a little more details such as what are the acceptable forms of "Proof of an approved COVID-19 vaccination"
Electronic copy of a card or form?
Original Vaccination card (S)?
Copy of cards?
Can they be laminated?

Their are a lot of vaccinated US citizens currently out of the country that may not have the physical card on them.

Good question. I don't even think that scientists know definitively whether it's a bacterium or virus that causes this malady. Remember that it was first identified in Florida then spread to the Caribbean. Cruise ships in Turks maybe?
Since amoxicillin paste seems reasonably active in SCTLD, it is likely that at least part of the disease is due to a relatively antibiotic susceptible bacteria. That does not mean that the disease is not multifactorial. It could be that water temperature, a viral infection, or other insult, allows for the bacterial infection responsive to antibiotic treatment.

It is frustrating that the etiology and effective treatment of SCTLD is not better defined after 7 years. Unfortunately, this seems like a very complex disease.

OK the ground hog was pulled out of it's hole by it's handlers and read a decree off a teleprompter then scurried back without answering any questions.
Southwest has issued their alert but the other airlines seem to be hesitating as they try to find out the details. Since the airlines have to do the dirty work and screen the inbound passengers they probably want a little more details such as what are the acceptable forms of "Proof of an approved COVID-19 vaccination"
Electronic copy of a card or form?
Original Vaccination card (S)?
Copy of cards?
Can they be laminated?
Well, SWA refers to electronic copies. They don't require actually paper copies of your antigen test, so why would they require paper vaccination certificates? All the arguments apply to both right?

I did sign up for CLEAR. That is really WAY cool for dodging security lines. It now captures the vaccine info and generates a QR code. Probably never be actually useful, but its kinda cool.

Their are a lot of vaccinated US citizens currently out of the country that may not have the physical card on them.
Well, they just have to get the test the day before then right? Seriously not a big deal I think. My niece and new husband will be down with us next month. They are both prior infection anti-vaxxers, so we will all just get tested at international.

But its is as I thought. All stick and no carrot. You get nothing for being vaccinated, but they take the stick to the the unvaccinated.

It does let foreigners in, so there is that.

But its is as I thought. All stick and no carrot. You get nothing for being vaccinated...
Well, apart from being far less likely to get sick and die from COVID-19, that is.

Well, apart from being far less likely to get sick and die from COVI-19, that is.
Well of course that, but anyone that was into that, already is vaxxed right? My only point is there should be some carrot too. Sure the stick is working some, but maybe more would join up for some carrots right?

And #3 Moderna was a bit worse than #2. Got it afternoon on Thursday and the exhaustion kicked in Friday around 1000. Last night fever hit 100. Much better today. Just like recovering from too many margs....

And #3 Moderna was a bit worse than #2. Got it afternoon on Thursday and the exhaustion kicked in Friday around 1000. Last night fever hit 100. Much better today. Just like recovering from too many margs....
I heard that from another person as well. I decided to cancel my Friday (yesterday) appt for it so I can schedule it for earlier in a week so that my weekend won't be affected.

My point is that they waited till the last minute to decree the new requirements and then do not clearly define the details of the rule and leave it to the already overworked airline counter staff to enforce it. This just fuels additional tension to an already hair trigger environment with a sizable portion of the population. As it is the inflight staff are being assaulted over mask enforcement, my fear is that the counter staff are next.
If anyone were to be assaulted I would prefer it be an employee of the executive branch rather than another airline employee, who has had go to work the last 19 months and not been able to hide at home.

I've had three Modernas, no reactions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom