cozumel tours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dandydon your correct or the err or the side of caution but the parasailing is very calm. You stand on the back of the boat on a large deck then they real you out, when your done they real you back there aint nutun to it. IRBoarder glad to hear that you went through cozumel-tours & had a good experience with them. I really hate being a guinea pig
Yeah, if...
Winds and waves cooperate;

Boat runs well and captain drives well;

Gear is in top shape, etc.​
I think I found my other mental objection. I take trip insurance mostly for the medical coverage so any activity it won't cover causes me to pause. Would have to check my DAN coverage again for non-diving accidents.

Well folks I am happy to report that the trip went well and that the Cozumel Tours, Activities and Excursions did exactly what they said for the price they posted. They were punctual on pick up times and the companies were reputable tour companies on the island. They went out of their way to communicate (phone calls and emails) about any changes. Mom and Dad's parasailing trip, Chichen Itza, Xcaret, Jeep Island Tour, Atlantis Sub, and ATX Rail tour are tours that we booked for them. The Jeep Island tour was very nice; it consisted of snorkeling, San Gervasio ruins, Tequila Tasting, lunch, and Punta Sur (lighthouse, crocodiles and so on). The ATX Rail tour was neat but VERY rough terrain. The steering on the Xrails are extremely stiff and hard to maneuver and they do not exaggerate when they say you will get muddy from top to bottom. I have done both the ATV's and the Xrails. The Xrails are neat but I would not advise this trip if you have any back issues. On one of the Xrail stops we stopped at Jade Caverns; this is a cave full of water and the cave is loaded with thousands of bats which deposit their guano in the water below. The water is very nasty tasting and smelling. I would not advise the jade cavern swim unless you are into guano water. The ladder getting in and out is VERY slippery. We even had a few people fall and hurt themselves getting in and out of the water. After the tour was over there was no place to wash off the mud. You have to get back into the taxi and return to your hotel covered in mud which the hotel were not quite appreciative of the layers of mud we were bringing through the hotel. The only thing we had problem with is the fun card (discount card) as alot of the restaurants did not recognize the card so you will need to take the list of the businesses that give discounts so they will know what discount they are suppose to give.

Ok enough about the island tours. The diving was great but the currents were erratic. The only dive that we did not get to do was Devil's Throat because we had too many new people that were not very good with their air or buoyancy. This was disappointing but tolerable. Arturo, our divemaster with Blue XTsea, took us to a site called the French Lady (don't know if that was an official name or one he made up) but I liked it better than the Palancar swim throughs. The numbers of divers were way down. Blue XTsea only had one boat running and alot of their divemasters were doing freelance work. The cruise ships were even way down; there were none on the first two days we were there, one on the third day and the most we saw was three in one day later in the week. If you are on your way to Cozumel have fun but expect strong currents and they can change from north to south and then switch within a few hundred feet back and forth. So half of your dive you will be swimming into the current and then the current will be with you on the other half and expect a few down drafts here and there. One of the people in our group got into a down draft and it pulled him down about thirty feet in an instant. This scared the hell out of him but he was able to air up and swim out of it to get back to the group. Not trying to scare anybody but just want you to know what you are in for and other than that it was great diving and would do it again.

Arturo, our divemaster with Blue XTsea, took us to a site called the French Lady (don't know if that was an official name or one he made up) but I liked it better than the Palancar swim throughs.

Official name is La Francesca -- Arturo merely translated into English. It's between Dalila and Cedral. Glad all worked out well and you enjoyed your vacation.

La Francesca...I will put that in my log book so I know what to ask for next time Thanks for the info.:cool3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom