cozumel tours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammer67

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are looking at booking some activities, and excursions through http://www.cozumel-tours.com/ with Johann & Sandra has anybody booked through them?:idk:

Yes your correct. They are not on the island & usually we book through our hotel but our hotel does not book tours & there prices are cheaper than 3 others that We have Emailed & most cant do all the trips we were wanting anyway. Aren't all the guys that book all the trips through the hotel a broker also?

What do you want to book and where are you staying? Usually best to just book direct with the provider - avoiding mopeds and parasails as it's cheaper to fly home while still alive, and avoiding the ruins there if you can spend a little more time and money seeing better ones on the peninsula - Tulum in a half day, any number in a full day.

Me and my friends will be diving with blue xt sea & will be staying at SUITES BAHIA But the other non divers are doing some trips.

Monday May 31 Wife, Daughter, and Parents - Horseback Jungle Trail ride - Here is their (Cozumel Tours) prices Horseback Riding Cozumel - El Cedral Jungle Ride
Tuesday June 1 Wife and Parents - Xcaret - Their prices Xcaret PLUS Tour, Cozumel Mexico - Compare and Save!
Wednesday June 2 Wife and Daughter - Whale Shark Adventure - Their price Whale Shark Snorkeling Adventure - Cozumel Mexico
Parents - Morning: Atlantis Submarine - Their price Atlantis Submarine - Cozumel Mexico
Afternoon: Parasailing - Their price Exciting Cozumel Parasailing Excursion - Tandem Too!
Thursday June 3 Parents and maybe wife - Chichen Itza (since not available on Sunday) - Their price Chichen Itza All-Inclusive Tour from Cozumel
Friday June 4 All of us (9 of us) were going to tour the island (car rental probably 2 cars or

Me and my friends will be diving with blue xt sea & will be staying at SUITES BAHIA But the other non divers are doing some trips.
Ah ha, more information. :thumb: You already have a dive op, one of the best, and she can give you a lot of very good suggestions. Third party vendors like higher end resorts, Orbitz (where I booked my next air & hotel package), etc. can arrange many of these, but they charge more so they can get a commission - sometime a big commission with the operator getting a smaller net. One easy example is that plane & hotel packages like the one I booked and others usually offer ground transfers, but they are the same vans and taxis you can arrange when you arrive/ready to leave for half the money - and you don't have to keep up with vouchers.
Monday May 31 Wife, Daughter, and Parents - Horseback Jungle Trail ride - Here is their (Cozumel Tours) prices Horseback Riding Cozumel - El Cedral Jungle Ride
I've not done that one, but I'd just ask Christi for her suggestions on the best way to book it. Well, your booking site does offer one site booking convenience, but if you have time to research these individually, it could save you significantly I think. Or it may not, as their prices look good; won't hurt to compare tho.
Tuesday June 1 Wife and Parents - Xcaret - Their prices Xcaret PLUS Tour, Cozumel Mexico - Compare and Save!
I skipped that one, but many people probly like it. Go to the top of this Cozumel forum, click Search this forum and find threads about it. If that fails, then start a new thread What's the best way to do Xcaret?
Wednesday June 2 Wife and Daughter - Whale Shark Adventure - Their price Whale Shark Snorkeling Adventure - Cozumel Mexico
Well, I suggest that you all go snorkel with the Dominoes as it's wonderful. I drove to Holbox, spent three nights to snorkel two days, but many do it as a day trip out of Coz. Try the Search & Post on that topic too.
Parents - Morning: Atlantis Submarine - Their price Atlantis Submarine - Cozumel Mexico
Hehe, they may get mooned by divers. I've shot pics of the sub, but had on a jump suit or I would have. Ask Christi or Search & Post separately.
I wouldn't do it anywhere in Mexico; told my barber that this morning discussing her cruise. California maybe, but not there. Cozumel and the Yucatan peninsula can be toured and enjoy safely, but it is quite different from home, in safety, medical facilities, etc. See Mexico
Thursday June 3 Parents and maybe wife - Chichen Itza (since not available on Sunday) - Their price Chichen Itza All-Inclusive Tour from Cozumel
Many do the tour packages. I'm going to drive to it but if you like the packages, and they do have pros & cons - do some comparative shopping. Seach & Post if needed.
Friday June 4 All of us (9 of us) were going to tour the island (car rental probably 2 cars or
Car rentals are frequently discussed here so you should be able to find lots of info on existing threads. If you do a Search, V-boards don't search for 3 letter words but it'll work with *car* using the asterisk as the wild card.
Get Full Insurance, or at most 10% deductible with Isis;

Drive defensively, absolutely no alcohol for the driver, and use those seat belts!

Order this map now MapChick's Cozumel map and travel guide which will have a lot more info that just a map.​
Hope that gets you started in good directions, but come back and ask more, check for other opinions, etc.

Have a great trip. :pilot:

Its been a while, but we did XCaret in 2001 and really enjoyed it. The underground river was neat as was the snorkeling. We didn't do any of the dolphin activities, but instead snorkeled along the pen and interacted with them that way.

The only thing I see is that it seems like a number of those tours are on the mainland. That's quite a bit of back and forth either by small plane or ferry. Could make for some very long days. Whalesharks and Chichen Itza are both long distances from Cozumel. To do those back to back, spending a night in Cozumel wouldn't make sense to me.

I'd do the whalesharks, spend the night on the mainland and go to Chichen Itza from there. You would save many hours of transit time doing it that way.

Thanks for all the advice everybody:cool3: but wright or wrong we are going to book with cozumel-tours. Depending on who we would go through ( cozumelinsider,cozumelvacations,reservaciones@casamexicancozumel or .cometocozumel) they all had tours, but none of them did everything we wanted or was by van not a tour bus or by VW not Xrail & the prices were more. DANDYDON I appreciate your concern but Most of these tours we have done before on other trips to COZUMEL with other groups & felt very safe & the operators were very professional. Besides what's life without a little fear :rofl4:I mean a little adventure in life.

The cozumel-tours menu was actually pretty impressive, as I suggested in "your booking site does offer one site booking convenience"and "their prices look good." I did not look around for comparisons but wondered; might be a great resource.

And in my younger years I probly would have done the parasail ride, but then I have survived a lot more than I deserved - and anything excluded on my Trip Insurance medical concerns me. If you comfortable with the safety, cool. :thumb:

I do hope you consider going on the whale shark outing tho. Outstanding experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom