Cozumel November 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Pros Pensacola, FL with 7 will be at Hotel Cozumel & Resort 10-17 Nov.

Oh no, it's supposed to rain the week of nov 2-9? That's when I'm supposed to be there. Do they tend to cancel dives when it rains then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I was there in Sept when it rained for 22 straight days. The 10 days I was there not one dive was canceled. Just had many fresh water rinse.

Just finished up the week diving with Tres Pelicanos.
We had rain Sunday and after the second dive on Tuesday.
no rain since, just partly cloudy sky and flat seas, with
water temp about 82-84*. Just great Cozumel diving!
Weather forecast is 40-50% chance of showers for next few
days, so I would not worry about rain.

Frank

One question: I'm at the tail end of a mild head cold - can I bring Sudafed into Cozumel

I would recommend Afrin. It lasts longer and is more effective. Yes, I am a doctor.

Just finished up the week diving with Tres Pelicanos.
We had rain Sunday and after the second dive on Tuesday.
no rain since, just partly cloudy sky and flat seas, with
water temp about 82-84*. Just great Cozumel diving!
Weather forecast is 40-50% chance of showers for next few
days, so I would not worry about rain.

Frank

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a great time diving.

One question: I'm at the tail end of a mild head cold - can I bring Sudafed into Cozumel

I would recommend Afrin. It lasts longer and is more effective. Yes, I am a doctor.

Thank you. I went to my ENT and he confirmed I have allergies and cleared me for diving. I just experienced a horrible sinus headache during descent when flying into Houston. NOT good. I just took Claritin D and Afrin and am hoping I don't experience that horrific pain again: about to board for Cozumel. I hope my diving won't be ruined. The fact that I had such a bad sinus headache may be a sign I'm not to continue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I went to my ENT and he confirmed I have allergies and cleared me for diving. I just experienced a horrible sinus headache during descent when flying into Houston. NOT good. I just took Claritin D and Afrin and am hoping I don't experience that horrific pain again: about to board for Cozumel. I hope my diving won't be ruined. The fact that I had such a bad sinus headache may be a sign I'm not to continue...

Yikes. My DAN referred ENT said don't use claritin as a drys the mucus and you don't want that. For my equalizing issues, he said musinex, sudafed and flonase. And reg musinex, not the D stuff. Runny good, dry bad.

Flonase is great if your problem is allergies. It takes a few days to start working though, so you have to start it well before you plan to dive. It does nothing at all if your problem is a virus infection. For that Afrin is your best bet, though if you use it for more than about three days you will likely get a rebound effect where your nose will get stuffy if you don't use it even though your cold is going away. So a three day max is best unless you want to put up with the rebound stuff. Claritin and the other OTC antihistamines are not great for most people with allergies who want to dive-and their effect can wear off during the dive-and they do nothing for divers with colds. Let me know how the Afrin worked out. I always bring it on my dive trips.

Manuf of Afrin and similar products states on the box : max recommended usage is 3 days . be careful with that stuff .. from your friendly pharmacist.

Back
Top Bottom