Cozumel November 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny how people can have completely different perspective about a dive operation... I was in Coz for 2 weeks, first week was with Dive Paradise... If I had left after that first week I would never go back to Cozumel...! The second week of diving is what changed our impression, fantastic but with another dive operation... FYI, weather had nothing to do with it as it pretty much rained for the entire two weeks we were there. I found DP very unorganized and would not or did not group divers of the same skill set...

Our week with them was a total disappointment...

lee

Interesting post. We had much the same experience. We had 2 weeks diving next door with Scuba Club, but we missed one morning and decided to take advantage of the late afternoon dive scheduled at Dive Paradise. (We'd done the afternoon wreck dive with Scuba Club earlier on the trip).

Dive Paradise was a very chaotic operation compared with scuba club. Our trip to Paradise reef with them end up fine, but it was good weather and the current was very low. In worse conditions, I could imagine that the large group size and the mix of experience could make for less pleasant trip for some. The DM did a good job once we were in the water and he did point out a lot of interesting life that I would have missed on my own.
Just the disorganization and number of people on each boat- and heaven forfend- they had people smoking on the boat before and after the dive. I've not seen that anywhere in the Americas before. It's usually a Euro thing.

I am also going to Cozumel in November also, staying at the MVC at Melia Cozumel. This is located north of town. Have stayed the other direction and know of dive ops, but does anyone have any suggestions for a dive op that is closer to the north?

Thanks, Jon

PRO DIVE MEXICO (www.prodivemexico.com) has a dive op directly inside the Melia Cozumel and they offer, as far as i know a special discount of vacation club members, at least they do it as Occidental reorts so i guess it will be similar, sure it is worth checking out. They are a quality operation and even offer free nitrox.. enjoy Cozumel!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom