Cozumel November 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dived La Francesa on Tuesday. It was one of the best dives we have had in our 2 weeks here. (I prefer the shallower dives with more abundant big animal life than the spectacular structures on display in the deeper dives- but Palancar Caves was phenomenal too). Of course, it being great and all manner of sea life on display- large spotted eagle rays, lobsters, turtles, splendid toad fish- my GoPro 3 went on the fritz and I didn't get any of it recorded.

Overall been a great trip, but we have lost a good amount of valuable vacation time due to weather. It hasn't hindered our diving, but time off gassing has been spent in waterfront restaurants watching the rain come down trying to avoid conversing with cigarette smoke belching cruise ship passengers. This afternoon we had planned a nice afternoon in the sun at Mr Sanchez's- but the interminable rain has us holed up in our apartment.

We dived La Francesa on Tuesday. It was one of the best dives we have had in our 2 weeks here. (I prefer the shallower dives with more abundant big animal life than the spectacular structures on display in the deeper dives- but Palancar Caves was phenomenal too). Of course, it being great and all manner of sea life on display- large spotted eagle rays, lobsters, turtles, splendid toad fish- my GoPro 3 went on the fritz and I didn't get any of it recorded.

Overall been a great trip, but we have lost a good amount of valuable vacation time due to weather. It hasn't hindered our diving, but time off gassing has been spent in waterfront restaurants watching the rain come down trying to avoid conversing with cigarette smoke belching cruise ship passengers. This afternoon we had planned a nice afternoon in the sun at Mr Sanchez's- but the interminable rain has us holed up in our apartment.

What have the water temps been?

My dive computer was reading 86 Mon. and 84 Tues. Another diver had higher readings Tues.

Similar to jonhall, it's been about 82F all the way down. The coldest was 79F on Wednesday but it still felt fine.
I have dived for almost two weeks in just shorts and a BCD- no t-shirt let alone a wetsuit and I haven't felt the least bit cold in the water.

We returned yesterday - IT WAS AWESOME!! The diving was great, even while it rained during one of our dives. There was so much to see while below, simply incredible. Something else that I found very cool about Scuba, while on the boats it very much a social event. My wife and I met several folks and made some quick friendships. Many of the people we met we'll stay in touch with and hope to see on future dives. Had some excellent guidance, not only from the DM's (Aqua Safari), but also from a dude I met while on the boat; Craig (from Texas - you know who you are.) Craig took time out of his dives to help keep an eye on the wife and I and always had solid advise on skills and how to improve. Definitely going back soon and need to start planning other dive destinations.

Thanks to all who gave water temps. I have the 3 mil and 5 mil packed.....humm, may have to rethink the 5 mil.

Thanks to all who gave water temps. I have the 3 mil and 5 mil packed.....humm, may have to rethink the 5 mil.

Just returned home today; dove last week and most of this week. I wore a 3mm shorty and was very comfortable. I'm somewhat lean, so I tend to get cold a little easier, but never felt a chill except on a night dive that lasted 68 minutes. I would think a 3mm would cover you without issue for dives. Have a blast!!

i'll be there for my wedding and doing some dives.. staying in playa del carmen, planning on doing some dives on COZ.... if you guys only can do 4 dives... where would you go?... (i'm somewhat new)....

also.. who'd you go through for dive shops?

i'll be there for my wedding and doing some dives.. staying in playa del carmen, planning on doing some dives on COZ.... if you guys only can do 4 dives... where would you go?... (i'm somewhat new)....

also.. who'd you go through for dive shops?

1. It don't matter. Go with the site with the best conditions for the day. Maybe tell the DM what you particularly like. I keep trying to find one that isn't in my favorites but no luck.
2. Tons of great ops. We dive with Scuba with Alison. Great fast, large boat, terrific captain, like diving with family. Very safety conscious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom