Cozumel Night Diving - Need Tips suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charles, I agree with you about the water temp. Maybe it is that I'm not as warm when I get into the water, or the dive tends to be a little longer because it's usually very shallow. Whatever the reason, I was COLD:eek_2: or I wouldn't have come up with plenty of air on such an amazing dive.

It could also be the lack of sunlight. I can feel the temperature difference when the sun is covered by clouds even at 30 feet. Radiant heat from the sun underwater isn't a huge factor, but it does contribute to feeling warmer in a place like Cozumel with clear water.

As you said above another issue is that you're not entering the water all toasty warm, or even overheated, from sitting in the sun in your wetsuit.

I DID IT!!!! it was awesome!! We did Paradise reef last thursday with Aqua Safari, there were 6 divers in our group and the current was running pretty good, but I didnt freak out and made it back to the boat! I appreciate everyone's tips and suggestions and they were all helpful.

I visualized the dive all day and focused on where my weakpoints were - for me, it was the safety stop and waiting at the surface for the boat. I told my husband my concerns and it he stayed right there with me and was very supportive. After the dive I told him he should have tied a rope around my ankles to pull me out of the divemasters a**!

I DID IT!!!! it was awesome!! We did Paradise reef last thursday with Aqua Safari, there were 6 divers in our group and the current was running pretty good, but I didnt freak out and made it back to the boat! I appreciate everyone's tips and suggestions and they were all helpful.

I visualized the dive all day and focused on where my weakpoints were - for me, it was the safety stop and waiting at the surface for the boat. I told my husband my concerns and it he stayed right there with me and was very supportive. After the dive I told him he should have tied a rope around my ankles to pull me out of the divemasters a**!

Did you see any octopus? I was there the night before and we lost count of them, there were so many.

Yes! I saw 4 octopus and 2 squid, a crab and a lobster...the current was really pushing us through, so not as much time to explore as I would have liked...but it was a really cool experience!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom