Cozumel- Is it that good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver:
There is a small hotel a few blocks off the plaza called the Pepita 30.00 US a night, clean with AC. I have stayed there before the hotel has a nice courtyard and is a quite little hotel.

Thanks ParrotHead!

The Bahia has been perfect, because it has a nice breakfast brought over from the Casa Mexicana, it has free internet (I.m on it now!), and it is right across from Aldora dock where the boat picks me up....

4 days of diving and I am enjoying the 85F and sunny, dry weather....

So far Deep Blue has not delivered on their promise to send me out to the Northern reefs, they say it is the weather :lightingz now, but what about the first three days? And I have been put together with some pretty basic divers (one landed on my head yesterday). But otherwise, well organized, good DMs and they bring me 36 EANx for my second dive every time.

Cheers, everyone,

crispos

As a local diver I would reccomend a visit to Coz, the clarity is excellent and the formations are unusual. High traffic of divers and doing battle with the cruise ships and snorkel boats takes the edge off the area for me and probably the cause of drop off in marine life but I always reccomend our visitors get over there when the weather is good. Make sure you get out early as possible to avoid traffic and having divers rained on you. The good spots are a bit of a drive! But worth it. Do your research on the operators, there are some excellent companies.

Do not miss other hot dive areas in the Riviera Maya while you are here - check out the reef and wrecks in Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen and we always say you must see the cenotes - unusual and beautiful, something particular to the area and what an option when the sea is unkind!! There are several near here as well as further South. Remember you are not flying to Coz you are flying to Cancun (unless you have a light plane) and will be passing lots of places on your way down to Coz.

catbrown:
As a local diver I would reccomend a visit to Coz, the clarity is excellent and the formations are unusual. [...] Remember you are not flying to Coz you are flying to Cancun (unless you have a light plane) and will be passing lots of places on your way down to Coz.

??? I must be misinterpreting, because it seems that you are saying that you can't fly into Cozumel unless you have a light plane. As we know, there is an international airport on Cozumel with regular flights in from Houston, DFW, and Miami (and probably a lot of other places).

Dear Gordon

Have just kicked the person who gave me the wrong info about the airport, sorry, we had divers who did go there by light plane, however no excuse- from now on I'll stick to what I know first hand like I usually do

stay safe have a great time in Coz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom