Cozumel- Is it that good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin:
Mike-
Interms of DO, yeah- please let me know who else we should look up.

vin
Check out Papa Hog's Scuba Emporium (disclaimer, I have NO financial interest in Papa Hog's). Mike and Margaret are wonderful folk. Originally from Kitchener, Ontario, they fell in love with Coz running charter groups there and moved. Expect to asked for your log book as well as a C card.

I can only agree with everyone else........

AWESOME diving in cozumel.

Going back to Coz on Saturday!!! At least I am getting psyched up to book air only for $466 Canadian Pesos!!!!

:scubadive :walksmil: :cheers: :scubadive

Who was it that was talking about a $25 US room just a few days ago?!

Vin:
Cozumel- Is it that good?

But my gut tells me its fished out.
Vin

I just got back from Coz on Friday.Yes,compared with 4 years ago when I was last there it's missing alot of sealife.This was noticeable to me.

A friend,who I traveled there with did not notice a differance but goes there once or twice a year.

BTW, I did all my boat dives with Pelagic Ventures/Troy Ruhr a Winnipeg Canada transplant and had a blast. LOTS of bottom time.Troy is very personable and if you are advanced enough he will pretty much let you run the show. Be prepared to book ahead.Has really nice rental gear if required.

PM me if you need a phone number.

Ron Brandt

crispos:
Going back to Coz on Saturday!!! At least I am getting psyched up to book air only for $466 Canadian Pesos!!!!

:scubadive :walksmil: :cheers: :scubadive

Who was it that was talking about a $25 US room just a few days ago?!

There is a small hotel a few blocks off the plaza called the Pepita 30.00 US a night, clean with AC. I have stayed there before the hotel has a nice courtyard and is a quite little hotel.

You can't believe how awesome it is till you do it. All of these positive responses are not over-hyping it either. It is quite spectacular.

Might I suggest one of the nicest dive operators too?

http://www.divewithcristina.com/

If anyone is going diving with a newbie diver as I was when I took my girlfriend, you can not find many people with more patience and experience instructing. She was simply fantastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom