Cozumel- Is it that good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Cozumel- Is it that good?

My wife an I are planning a budget trip in late Aug- early Sept '04. Cozumel is cheap re: flights from Boston. But my gut tells me its fished out. I am working on pricing for a bear bones all inclusive to Utila- to make a comparasion.

I have been diving 16 yrs all over the Carribean- and in the Sea of Cortez The Med etc.... Will I be let down? I think It will feel like diving at Disney World.

Please Advise

Vin

You have been diving for 16 years all over the Caribbean, and have never been to Cozumel?
It's time to go, my friend.
I don't think it's "fished out".

One of the best dive destinations in the world! We've been-there-done-that: Truk, Palau, Yap, Hawaii, California, Turks/Caicos, Galapagos, Coco, Papua New Guinea, Borneo, Maldives...but return to Cozumel at least once a year. Yes, there are better places, but for consistently great diving, inexpensive, and easy to get to, you can't beat it.

Read my trip report: http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=2185

Thanks- I believe the concensus!
Merry Christmass!

Who has the skinny on good rates - all inclusive- most diving?

THnaks\

Vin

Man......you can't say that you've dove all over the Carib without having been to Coz. It's outstanding. Honduras is nice as well but you have to do Coz. If you've been diving that long, make sure you get hooked up with an advanced DO so you make sure you see the finer sites of Coz. Do a search on the board and you'll find one that sounds good.

Have a great time. We also love Coz in Sept/Oct. Crowds are not bad so neither ar boats.

Good all-inclusive but close to town is Brisas. If you dive with Dive Paradise make sure to get in/with Experienced diver program. Small fast boats. I would suggest another operator personally. IMO......

5615mike:
Man......you can't say that you've dove all over the Carib without having been to Coz. It's outstanding. Honduras is nice as well but you have to do Coz. If you've been diving that long, make sure you get hooked up with an advanced DO so you make sure you see the finer sites of Coz. Do a search on the board and you'll find one that sounds good.

Have a great time. We also love Coz in Sept/Oct. Crowds are not bad so neither ar boats.

Good all-inclusive but close to town is Brisas. If you dive with Dive Paradise make sure to get in/with Experienced diver program. Small fast boats. I would suggest another operator personally. IMO......

Mike-

Do you have a contact @ Brisas?

Interms of DO, yeah- please let me know who else we should look up.

vin

IMHO, Coz ranks among the world's best scuba venues based on the combination of quality of diving, convenience, cost, island attitude, and choice in accommodations & diving.

There are more than 100 places to stay & more than 80 dive ops on Coz, so you'll want to take your time & do some research before making any decisions. Reading through the threads & trip reports within the Mexico forum is a good place to start, so I have taken the liberty of moving it here.

BTW, Las Brisas has been the Magic Sunset, Reefscape & finally Hotel Cozumel & Resort since 5615mike was there, although the corporate ownership is still about the same. Here's a website---->

http://www.hotelcozumel.us/english/default.htm

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo

Coz rocks! The colors are always too much! The out of the way restaurants are cheap and friendly. The divemasters are great, funny, skilled, definitly working for their tips.
I think we will be going back this spring cuz it is just too cheap not too!

I agree! Coz is wonderful no matter where you have been in the past. The colors are wonderful and there is a lot of animal life. Drift diving is as easy as you can get.

Back
Top Bottom