Cozumel info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiabloBlanco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Heading to Cozumel in April with some dive buddies and wives so we are looking for somewhere nice to stay. Anyone have any advice that has been there?
Thanks
DB

I would post this question again but put it in the Cozumel forum. Include some info concerning what is important to you and other members of your group regarding accommodations so that you get relevant answers. Have a great trip!

this is where we stayed Cozumel Vacation Rentals; The Unique Villas of Casa Colonial. it was wonderful, not on the beach but right in the center of REAL cozumel and easy to get to everything. the owners are very helpful in setting up things for you or giving reccomendations and warnings. I would also suggest diving with liquid blue, small groups and very personalized service.

moved to Cozumel forum.

The question is too vague to answer, since things like budget, all inclusive or not, & in town or "must' have a nice beach haven't been specified. Adult only? walking distance to town? or away from it all? etc etc.

Heading to Cozumel in April with some dive buddies and wives so we are looking for somewhere nice to stay. Anyone have any advice that has been there?
Thanks
DB

More information as to what you are looking for would be helpful. However, as a shot in the dark I would suggest looking into El Cantil Condominiums for a group. The units are very nice and close to town. Close proximity to two grocery stores. Easy walking/shopping for those who want, a private dedicated dive pier for pick up by many of the local dive ops, pool, beach area. Easy access to local restaurants including Prima's which is located on the top floor of the North building and has a most beautiful view of the island. www.elcantilcondos.com

Other than this, there are also MANY other options....let us know if you are interesting in anything specific. Have a wonderful trip !! Sue

Every place I have stayed has been nice.

I just came back from Coz, and stayed in Casa del Mar. It was a very nice, clean and comfortable. It wasn't a "western" style of hotel. It has a local feel to it's design.

I have also heard reall great things about Fiesta Americana, but I havent been there.

The downside to these is that they are a couple miles from town and cabs are outrageously expensive ($16 round trip per person). Although scooters are cheap and fun! You can rent a car cheaper than a single taxi ride for 2. Parking is a real issue though, but not for scooters.

I just came back from Coz, and stayed in Casa del Mar. It was a very nice, clean and comfortable. It wasn't a "western" style of hotel. It has a local feel to it's design.

I have also heard reall great things about Fiesta Americana, but I havent been there.

The downside to these is that they are a couple miles from town and cabs are outrageously expensive ($16 round trip per person). Although scooters are cheap and fun! You can rent a car cheaper than a single taxi ride for 2. Parking is a real issue though, but not for scooters.

Was the cab fare $16.00 per person each way or $16.00 per cab each way ? From Casa del Mar ?? El Cid La Cieba is just a bit further south of Casa del Mar and from there the fare is only $8.00 each way per cab.

Thanks
DB

We need more information to help you out... there are lots of hotels, all different types and price ranges, so it is hard to know what is best for you.

What is your definition of nice?
What is your price range?
How many divers, non-divers?

We have been to Cozumel 7 times in 10 years, stayed at:
Plaza las Glorias (gone now, remodeled into fancy all-inclusive Cozumel Palace)
Casa del Mar
Sol Cabanas (north end of island, I think gone now)
La Ceiba
Hogtown hotel (small rooms owned by Papa Hogs dive shop)
Scuba Club Cozumel, twice (our favorite on the island now, won't stay anywhere else)

robin:D

Back
Top Bottom