Cozumel info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was the cab fare $16.00 per person each way or $16.00 per cab each way ? From Casa del Mar ?? El Cid La Cieba is just a bit further south of Casa del Mar and from there the fare is only $8.00 each way per cab.

They were charging $8 each way, per person. They wouldn't come down on price either. I guess when you have a ton of tourists, they decided they don't need to haggle. It was going to cost $32 American for my wife and I to go to dinner in town, NO THANKS!

I have never heard of cabs charging per person. We usually rent a car but on the few occasions we took a taxi, we were charged for the trip not per person.

If you are diving with Aldora, check out their Villa. It's about .5 miles north of town.
Cab rides are usually 4-5 dollars. It's non-inclusive so you can sample all the different
resturants in town. We usually walk down to the square and then take a taxi back after
dinner. Aldora Divers of Cozumel Villa Aldora

Park Royal: Large resort,not really geared for divers, but very nice property and decent food and service. Neg: long walks into town 30 mins at a fast pace or $8 cab ride/ Does not have its own pier so must pay $2 to use aqua worlds.

Casa Del Mar: Next door to the Park Royal, diver orientatied and not very large so easier to meet other diving folks. Very nice property with good service. Neg: again $8 taxi ride

Scuba Club Cozumel: Haven't stayed but know numerous folks who swear by it as having great diving service. Additionally the rooms and property are very nice as well.

3 more to consider that I don't have any real knowledge on. I walked by them many times my last trip and they did peak my interest as potential places for next time.
Hotel Cozumel
Blue Angel
Hotel Garden Villablanca

If you would prefer condos I would also highly reccomend El Cantil as I have a friend who owns one of the condos in the facilty and they are amazing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom