Cozumel Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dherbman:
I agree. Puter sounds too much like pooter, which is another word for butt. Very disturbing.

A Freudian slip perhaps?

TheRedHead:
I ignore my backup computer.
My backup computer sits in my tool box, which is on the dive boat. If my computer goes into the tank, then my buddy becomes deco captain.

I wear both of my same-brand PDCs where I can see each easily - one on wrist, one on console, and respect the one with the highest load on each dive. I use my watch for stop timing and actual time only.

TheRedHead:
I ignore my backup computer. It just rides in my pocket unless I have a failure. I don't see any point in comparing them with each other. The comparison to make is the one with the plan you made before the dive. I had planned for an hour of BT and my stoopid computer gave me 20 minutes. I knew the FO2 was incorrect.

I do not let my backup puter guide my dive either. It is there in guess I get a malfunction in my primary puter.

mattboy:
Would you please quit calling them "puters"?!!! It's driving me crazy:D How much more effort does it take to type "com"?

There, I think I've taken thread so far off topic we'd need a wormhole to get back.

Peter Pecker poked a puter while he picked a pepper, or something like that.

JeffG:
My backup computer sits in my tool box, which is on the dive boat. If my computer goes into the tank, then my buddy becomes deco captain.

If your other puter sits in the tool box on the boat then it is not a backup. It is then a replacment puter.:eyebrow:

pilot fish:
I lack no knowledge about your doubts.:D
Let me reword it so that you will understand.

pilot fish:
Why do you think tech divers carry two puters?
You are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom