Cozumel Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pilot fish:
How you not know?:shakehead
LOL

Diver Dennis:
For me, it makes sense since I do a lot of solo. They are both Suuntos. They seem to be very close in their readings.

The reason I use two is too often I find myself buddied with strangers and it makes me feel better, not to mention a puter malfunction. My two are Oceanic and they are close. One is set at 1.6 PPO and one is at 1.4 PPO from the factory. I follow the more conservative of the two for my MOD on nitrox

pilot fish:
Is your Cobra air intergrated?

Yes, and now I'm sorry I didn't buy a Vytec w/o transmitter. I just bought a Tusa IQ-700 gas switching computer so now I'm going to sell it. :wink:

TheRedHead:
Yes, and now I'm sorry I didn't buy a Vytec w/o transmitter. I just bought a Tusa IQ-700 gas switching computer so now I'm going to sell it. :wink:

My Data Max ProPlus is also air intergrated so if it fails I'm SOL. I need to know my depth and time to do SS. Still havent' figured out how to tell my PSI's though.

I've heard that transmitters are unreliable?

LavaSurfer:
My experience diving anywhere in the Caribbean has been one of diving the limits. I dove in Coz with Aqua Safari and all 6 divers were on the edge of DECO.

I go into deco quite often on my first dive on air in Cozumel with the Cobra. With a multi-level dive, the deco usually disappears or is very small and I have enough gas to do it. I don't understand why the diver who went into deco simply didn't do the deco if she had the gas?

pilot fish:
I've heard that transmitters are unreliable?

The transmitter would push the cost of a Vytec to over $1000. I wouldn't want to rely on a transmitter either. Although I do think the digital depth gauge of the Cobra is more accurate than most depth gauges found on recreational regs.

TheRedHead:
The transmitter would push the cost of a Vytec to over $1000. I wouldn't want to rely on a transmitter either. Although I do think the digital depth gauge of the Cobra is more accurate than most depth gauges found on recreational regs.

That is pricey. The Data Max pro Plus ll is now $850 so it's right up there too.

Will have to do a search on the Vytec Don't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom