Cozumel in July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that place called Aqua or something similar still open by Casa Del Mar near the pedestian bridge? I haven't been there since my 2006 trip but it was a good place to have a drink and watch the sun set. We did a late afternoon shore dive from there and stayed for a drink when we came back up. They had a great setup for shore diving, complete with a sand bag ramp for your entry, lockers for your stuff while diving, showers and rinse tanks...

Gordon - yes Pumba is with Blue Magic Scuba - I dove with him in January and then again at Carnivale time. He is a blast to dive with - seems very laid back but is "on" all the time, if you know what I mean. I'm going back to dive with him the first week in July.

Gordon - yes Pumba is with Blue Magic Scuba - I dove with him in January and then again at Carnivale time. He is a blast to dive with - seems very laid back but is "on" all the time, if you know what I mean. I'm going back to dive with him the first week in July.
I have pictures of him wearing a dead crab as a hat at 60 FSW, and once when I followed him into a swimthrough I found him "taking a nap" in there. I really enjoyed our dives with him.

Hello to all, My wife and I will be in Roatan mid July and we will be in Cozumel for the first time July 25th.-Aug 1st., just my .02 cents.

Sal...I'm game! I haven't been to Cozumel in a long time so I'd have to rely on y'alls recommendations. Personally, I prefer a casual, relaxed atmosphere with good margaritas and cold beers!

I read about Wet Wendy's (for best margarita on the island)...not necessarily suggesting that as a spot to meet but it's on my list to stop in for a margarita.

Thursday (July 2nd) or Friday (July 3rd). If y'all pick a place, I'll meet ya!

Jeff

Wet Wendy's will work! :cheers: Not sure if I have been there or not, but, no matter. That sounds like a great and easy to find/get to spot.

Not sure what time sunset is, but I'd be game for about an hour after sunset. The villa has a perfect sunset and cocktails spot, so I'm interested in just after...

Anyone else???
Thursday or Friday?

Hello to all, My wife and I will be in Roatan mid July and we will be in Cozumel for the first time July 25th.-Aug 1st., just my .02 cents.

Life's rough huh? Maybe we'll run into you on our last couple days?

P.S. Welcome to the board!

Wet Wendy's will work! :cheers: Not sure if I have been there or not, but, no matter. That sounds like a great and easy to find/get to spot.

Not sure what time sunset is, but I'd be game for about an hour after sunset. The villa has a perfect sunset and cocktails spot, so I'm interested in just after...

Anyone else???
Thursday or Friday?

Sal..what/where is "the villa"?

Life's rough huh? Maybe we'll run into you on our last couple days?

P.S. Welcome to the board!

Mr. 69 for short? anyway, we're looking to start a family later this year and have alot of air miles to use up so... maybe we will see you there. We were looking at also doing the dolphin excursion at the park, anyone else do this and was it worth it?

Mr. 69 for short? anyway, we're looking to start a family later this year and have alot of air miles to use up so... maybe we will see you there. We were looking at also doing the dolphin excursion at the park, anyone else do this and was it worth it?
Well actually Mr. 69 sounds a little pervers. lol

I've heard that the swim with dolphins thing is really expensive. On top of that, if you're doing some diving while you're there, why would you want to do a touristy thing like pay to swim with dolphins? I might be biased, but it's definitely not my thing. :wink:

Well actually Mr. 69 sounds a little pervers. lol

I've heard that the swim with dolphins thing is really expensive. On top of that, if you're doing some diving while you're there, why would you want to do a touristy thing like pay to swim with dolphins? I might be biased, but it's definitely not my thing. :wink:

We plan on at least 3-4 dives a day, (I) don't plan on seeing too much more than the water during the day and a bar stool with good conversation at night. My wife really likes dolphins so... I found a special for $75.00 p/p for the "Royal" dolphin excursion which does not sound too bad. I just don't want to go to a "cheesy" touristy place that cater's to the cruise ship crowds. We have yet to do any swimming with dolphins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom