Good results on CO levels in Cozumel scuba tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BA uses Aico now since about 5 years?. Their jungle compressor broke down.
AICO may be moving to that location.

AICO may be moving to that location.
Would put them a lot closer to the Marina. Site location is limited on the island due to 3 phase power availability to power the compressors. A 3 phase distribution runs thru that area to feed the Coke plant and the other industrial outfits in the cluster at the end of 65.
I have been told that years ago BA was having problems will a strange taste in their fills. Turns out that a pigeon had built a nest on the compressor air intake pipe above the plant:eek:

Would put them a lot closer to the Marina. Site location is limited on the island due to 3 phase power availability to power the compressors. A 3 phase distribution runs thru that area to feed the Coke plant and the other industrial outfits in the cluster at the end of 65.
I have been told that years ago BA was having problems will a strange taste in their fills. Turns out that a pigeon had built a nest on the compressor air intake pipe above the plant:eek:
I remember that nasty air BA had years ago. I mentioned it to Jose that they had bad air ( now at 3P). It was more than just a pigeon....

It was more than just a pigeon.
Such as?

I can tell you that maintenance was not a priority at their air station after seeing it first hand. Ive owned and operated compresssors. I along with Andres ( former DM) both had a nasty sludge in our regulators. Never had that problem ever here on the island with Meridiano, Lin Mar or Aico. There was definately oil in the air that was going in their tanks. Mechanical problems or insufficient filter changes in the humid climate.....later they discovered problems with the head on the compressor, tried to fix it themselves.

It's never good to see how the sausage is made. There was a guy who made bagels a stones throw from my units and the floor was so dirty you couldn't tell if it was mouse poop or poppyseeds. Turns out it was something else. When he moved out the new owner went to look at the electrical panel. And the "wall" behind the panel started to move. It was infested with cockroaches. So much for health and safety inspections.

the bagels were good however....

It's never good to see how the sausage is made. There was a guy who made bagels a stones throw from my units and the floor was so dirty you couldn't tell if it was mouse poop or poppyseeds. Turns out it was something else. When he moved out the new owner went to look at the electrical panel. And the "wall" behind the panel started to move. It was infested with cockroaches. So much for health and safety inspections.

the bagels were good however....
I'm done eating for the day...🤢

Site location is limited on the island due to 3 phase power availability to power the compressors.
It's probably not as bad as you think. Granted, 3-phase is not installed anywhere, but its available. You just need a contact at CFE because the help desk at CFE is generally not helpful.

We are installing a compressor of our own this week and working with my CFE contact I gave them a list of bodegas I was looking to rent. The concern was getting 3-phase to the bodega. Each unit I gave him to check he confirmed 3-phase was not a problem. Once the rental agreement was signed, it took the technician less than 2 hours to bring the power from the pole and install the panel for us.

In comparison I needed 3-phase in Playa del Carmen for brewing equipment, and without my CFE contact it took me about 9 months to make the same operation happen - with a lot more paperwork.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom