Cozumel in August!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flying from Newburgh. Should arrive in Cozumel at 12:30. Jed will be off diving. Hoping Rita can pick me up. Really looking forward to a nice vacation. See you there!

I put myself in RED to soon!Totally bummed out. Delta just canceled my flight from Newburgh to Cozumel, the Newburgh to Atlanta part anyway. Just when I thought it would be so cool to fly from an airport only 10 minutes from home! Rescheduled for Saturday morning, hoping all goes well. Are you flying thru Atlanta Deb???? Maybe I'll see you on the plane!
What happened? Delta cancel a flight with no alternative or cut back scheduled? I had that happen once and got the airport agent to get me a seat on another airline.
Have fun!... I am hoping some of us that are going to be on the island during that week can get together one or two nights for dinner.... Or at least meet at Wet Wendie's for margaritas! LOL :D
Sounds fun.

Mechanical problems, they canceled a full flight from SWF-ATL. They offered me many alternatives, most making a less than 7 hour flight to CZM over 12 hours to CUN on Friday from other NY airports. In order to do that, I would have to find a ride or car service to the airport ten arrive in Cozumel after 10pm. A real pain and expense. I opted to fly Saturday from Newburgh, same flight times. My husband was meeting me in Atlanta (he is working in Mississippi), we had the same flight from Atlanta to Cozumel booked. We were both disappointed with this change. Can't wait to start vacation!

I will be in Cozumel August 22 thru 29 staying at the Allegro.
Hope you like the isolation, or get to town now and then. Have a great trip...! :pilot:

Finally made it here!!!

DARRINMARCIAL w/ buddy already there-September 3 Villa Minor/ Aldora
HIMSELF July 23- August 8 Hotel Barracuda/Dive Paradise
SCTOM with wife and son July 27-August 3 Villablanca/ScubaMau maybe
MISSISSIPPIDIVER and son July 28-August 4 Safari Inn/ Aqua Safari
JLYLE July 31-August 21 Scuba Club Cozumel
BARADA plus 8 July 31- August 7 Scuba Club Cozumel
SW1976 & hubby August 1- August 8 Hotel Cozumel/Dive Paradise
JILLIANANNO August 2- August 6 ????? FIRST TIMER
DOOWAIN1 with 10 (6 divers) August 3- August 12th Casa Mexicana/??
MATHEWJEN and wife August 3-August 10 Casa Del Mar/??
WATT and wife August 5- August 12 Barracuda/Dive Paradise
BOBTRUCK and family August 6-August 12 Allegro/??
FUZZMUTTON and husband and son August 7-14 Scuba Club Cozumel
ORIGINALSEABASS and family August 6- August 14 Occidental Grand/ Dive with Martin
JUDYDIVESCOZ and hubby August 6-August 24 Staying with friends/ Albatros
KDBECKSTROM w/husband and sister August 7- August 14 Iberostar/Alison
SCUBA KELLY & SCUBA DAVE August 7 August 14 Scuba Club Cozumel
KABAL22 and wife August 7-August 15 ???/Living Underwater
BUDAMAN August 7-August 14 Le Cieba/Babieca
CRAIG66 and Family August 8-August 15 Casa Mexicana/ ScubaMau[/COLOR
]
DOCC & ALOHAGAL August 11- August 16 Blue Angel/Blue Angel
COBRA269 August 13-23 Wyndham Sabor/ Dive with Martin
BAYSTR w/ kids August 14- August 25 Allegro/Dive Pro
MARCADO August 14- August 23 Safari Inn or Hostelito/Aqua Safari
UBER wife and parents August 14-August 28 Occidental Grand/ Dive Palancar
N8LYKIND with husband August 19-August 26 Residencias Reef/Alison FIRST TIMERS
PAULW and wife August 21- August 29 El Coz/Blue Xta Sea
DANDYDON and buddy August 21-August 28 Villablanca/ScubaMau
HARRO10 August 21- August 28 Vista Del Mar/ScubaMau
MERFMAN August 21-August 28 Scuba Club Cozumel
MMABASSADOR August 21-August 28 ???
SUPRANE and Laura August 21-August 28 Hotel Cozumel/Aldora (?)
GALSCUBA August 22-August 29 Allegro/??
DJANNI August 28-September 4 El Cid/BlueXTsea
SKINSFAN131 party of 8 August 29-Sept 5 Wyndam Sabor/??

My post probably wasn't clear. Bob& Margie arrive August 10 and will go to Punta Sur Aug 11 with Edmundo at ChaChaCha dive shop. We go early to avoid the hoards.

Had to cancel my trip to Coz scheduled Aug 2-6....on the 31st my mom was literally passing thru Dallas on her way back from a drive to FL and she went into respiratory arrest. I spent my vacation time w/ her in ICU. Thankfully she's home now. I had SUCH a great deal booked to Palace Royal but couldn't find as good of a deal anywhere else for the time I can go. Now, on the 29th, I'll be traveling to either Playa or Riveria Maya for a week thanks to FunJet's Fun For Less. From what I hear, the mystery hotel will be the Occ. Xcaret... not bad since it's close to the ferry to Coz...

I'm guessing William Torres will be your instructor for the Rescue class at SCC... He is a great guy and an excellent instructor. He did my Deep course a couple of years ago. I enjoyed him thoroughly!
Have fun!... I am hoping some of us that are going to be on the island during that week can get together one or two nights for dinner.... Or at least meet at Wet Wendie's for margaritas! LOL :D

Good to know. We've met William the last couple times we were there and he was extremely helpful each time. We just decided at the last minute to try to get this done.

I'll keep watching for any updates and will have my netbook with me while we're there... it'd be kewl to meet everyone!

Hi! My name's Melissa and for my graduation/birthday present my mother and I are going to Cozumel from the 16-23. I'm staying at the Sol Melia Paradisus if anyone wants to meet up. I plan on doing some trips, one is obviously, swimming with whale sharks. A diver's dream, right?

Back
Top Bottom