Cozumel Dive Op Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were at the Iberostar last month and went diving with Dressel. No complaints here either. Was very happy. But I do recommend pre-paying for diving with them. It is much cheaper. My husband and I shared at 10-two tank dive package for $520. Then we had to pay the $2 per person per day for the park fees, and tips. When we got down there, I just signed up for the dives we wanted. And they assigned us to a boat and DM and off we went. It was nice.

My husband's sinus clogged up after 6 dives, so I got to use the rest of his too! That was a bonus for me! (not for him, but he was happy sitting on the beach and reading).

We bought a lock and kept our gear (accept the wet suits) at the shop. There were some ants, but they did not seem to bother with my gear, just the water coming off the gear.

Another tip is to bring some bread down to the dock and feed the fish, that is fun too (bring mask and snorkel for added fun).

Have a great time. I have a trip review somewhere on the board, maybe if you search Iberostar you can find it.:cheers::cheers:

We were at the Iberostar last month and went diving with Dressel. No complaints here either. Was very happy. But I do recommend pre-paying for diving with them. It is much cheaper. My husband and I shared at 10-two tank dive package for $520. Then we had to pay the $2 per person per day for the park fees, and tips. When we got down there, I just signed up for the dives we wanted. And they assigned us to a boat and DM and off we went. It was nice.

My husband's sinus clogged up after 6 dives, so I got to use the rest of his too! That was a bonus for me! (not for him, but he was happy sitting on the beach and reading).

We bought a lock and kept our gear (accept the wet suits) at the shop. There were some ants, but they did not seem to bother with my gear, just the water coming off the gear.

Another tip is to bring some bread down to the dock and feed the fish, that is fun too (bring mask and snorkel for added fun).

Have a great time. I have a trip review somewhere on the board, maybe if you search Iberostar you can find it.:cheers::cheers:

Here it is...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/369828-iberostar-dressel-diver.html

Our family spent a week in COZ in February, we dove with Dive with Martin most of the time and one afternoon and night dive with Aldora. I was impressed with both. DWM is more economical, Aldora has bigger tanks. Both had small fast boats.

Next trip I will likely split my diving with both operations.

+1 for Dressel. I found them to be very professional and organized. Buy your package on line as it is way cheaper.( free nitrox too ) They have a lot of different dive sites. Never had a bad dive in coz. I have also dived scuba mau and they were good too, however I think the Iberostar charges a dock fee if you dont dive with dressel so you may want to look into that.
Scuba bear.

It depends on what you are looking for. Advanced dives, deep AND long or low price. Dressel was enjoyable to me, but I was pretty new at the time and wasn't doing anything advanced. I didn't like that we were on a clock and had to come up, regardless of air. I've heard they don't do that with the more advanced divers but I have not been back to verify it since becoming such. Dive with Martin was very enjoyable, especially at the pricepoint. Living Underwater is a steel tank outfit (50% more air means longer dives) and Jeremy is without question one of the most kwowledgable DM's I've every met and a genuinely wonderful guy. Aldora is also a steel tank outfit and their multitude of boats gives them an edge over Jeremy in my mind. Dave from Aldora also posts here and is not only a real gem of a guy but also a pioneer in cozumel diving.

I would happily strap a tank on with any of the above dive ops. The ones I did not enjoy shall remain nameless.

+ 1 for Dive With Martin. They also have larger tanks - I dove AL100s - and were least expensive. Customer service was wonderful; boats were fast, instruction was outstanding (brother-in-law got his AOW) and our largest group was 7 divers (we had 4 in our group). Can't speak highly enough about DWM. tom t.

Thanks everyone for the great input! Still checking Dive Ops. We are staying at the Iberostar, and unfortunately, some of the suggested Ops don't pick up that far South.

Toucho'Gray, got a quick question for you. If you live 5 hours from good, where does 6 hours get you? LOL

Try Aldora next time------from 1 Tiger to another.....:)

another vote for Aldora.......been diving with them for over 10 years............wonderful operation

It is hard to believe that they won't pickup that far south. I mean that is 'reef central' right there. On the other hand, Ibero has started collecting a monthly fee from ops to pick up at their dock, which may be the reason some won't pick up there. If there arent enough customers in a month, paying the fee might not make sense. I know Scuba with Alison will pick up there. Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison Does :cheerleader: still work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom