Cozumel Dive Op Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n733lk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Heading to Cozumel this Summer. We are staying at the Iberostar. They have Dressel Dive Ops onsite. Any words on advice to make sure we get the most from our trip? Reefs to visit, reefs to avoid, biggest bang for our buck?

Thanks!

I was there end of Nov - beg Dec 10. Great organization. As a matter of fact, if you visit their website you can save up to 20% by reserving online plus you get a free Nitrox upgrade if you are Nitrox qual. My GF and I truely enjoyed diving with them. Most of our dives were one hour long. We had two days of bad weather preventing us from diving at cozumel...Dressels made the arrangements and we took the ferry across to Riviera Del Carmen and dove the cenotes one day and did the Bull shark dive the second.

As a matter of fact, if you visit their website you will see the daily diving schedule they have. Staff was very good and courteous.

Scuba Mau. I've used quite a few ops on the island and they are by far, my favorite

My wife and I used dressel and found them to be an excellent shop. The boat staff were very helpfull and they tend to group like skilled divers together to make it a better experiance for all involved.

Take your gear back to your room if it is not rental. There are ants and other bugs all over their gear storage area.

They will either assist you with diving tables if that is your gig but, my wife and I who sip air were told in the pre dive brief to just watch the comps and dive out profiles. The DM calls it at the hour and goes to safety stop depth, but if you have air you can stay down until you are low - or at least that was the way they were running it when we were down there.

The dive masters are fantastic - and one guy was a biologist that gave us a lesson on the fish and habitat each day, and I thought that I knew alot.

Overall the dives that we went on were fantastic.

Only a couple negatives
- Bring a 20' chunk or rope to dry gear on out on your balcony.
- Make sure that you check the board that your are booked to dive on and get your checkout dive done as soon as you get to the hotel.

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

I can tell you who not to use......... Eagle Ray Divers...........refer to my review on them for more info

Try Aldora next time------from 1 Tiger to another.....:)

I put in another vote for scuba Mau...by far my favorite. They are friendly, fun, very competent and will bend over left, right center and backwards to accomodate any requests you have

Roberta's Eco Dive Center across the street from Park Royal. Nice people and willing to take you where you want.

ScubaTony is a good small dive operator.

I had no complaints with Dive with Martin and I believe they were the least expensive on the island. And got a free DVD of two dives.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom