Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like they are going to give up like the US did and sacrifice citizens to save the economy.

Giving up means you were actually doing something before.....

Active number of cases in Chetumal in the southern part of the state has went from 110 to 210 in the last two weeks - their reward is moving from red to orange!!

Giving up means you were actually doing something before.....

Active number of cases in Chetumal in the southern part of the state has went from 110 to 210 in the last two weeks - their reward is moving from red to orange!!

So red is better than orange? LOL

It looks like they are going to give up like the US did and sacrifice citizens to save the economy.
It's not just the sacrificing of citizens, it's enabling the virus to be around for a long, long time. Italy and Germany actually look pretty good right now.

That’s going to be the case until there is a vaccine regardless.
Yes, maybe, but look at the plots of new cases vs time for Germany and Italy compared to the US and Mexico. Don't take my word for it; search "covid cases Germany", "covid cases Italy", "covid cases US", and "covid cases Mexico" like I just did. The plot is the first thing that comes up each time, and the differences are stark. The US is doing terribly but Mexico is the scariest of the four. Germany and Italy have wrestled the virus down to the point where measures can be taken against it surgically.

Giving up is not a strategy.

Yes, maybe, but look at the plots of new cases vs time for Germany and Italy compared to the US and Mexico. Don't take my word for it; search "covid cases Germany", "covid cases Italy", "covid cases US", and "covid cases Mexico" like I just did. The plot is the first thing that comes up each time, and the differences are stark. The US is doing terribly but Mexico is the scariest of the four. Germany and Italy have wrestled the virus down to the point where measures can be taken against it surgically.

Giving up is not a strategy.

Uh, I never said that it was. All I said was that it’s going to be around until a vaccine is available. And there is no “maybe” about that.

Uh, I never said that it was. All I said was that it’s going to be around until a vaccine is available. And there is no “maybe” about that.
Probably, but not necessarily. Did you look where I suggested? Being "around" is a very relative thing; exponential functions work both ways.

Also, there is a lot of reliance being placed on the development of a vaccine, but it's not a foregone conclusion that it's even possible, and even if it is there's no assurance that it will be 100% effective or that any protection it offers will last long enough to quash this thing.

That’s going to be the case until there is a vaccine regardless.
Reports are early and mixed, but I fear that an effective vaccine can be produced. There are total solar eclipses coming thru Texas in 2023 & 2024 that I'd like to see, but it's not looking good.

Probably, but not necessarily. Did you look where I suggested? Being "around" is a very relative thing; exponential functions work both ways.

Also, there is a lot of reliance being placed on the development of a vaccine, but it's not a foregone conclusion that it's even possible, and even if it is there's no assurance that it will be 100% effective or that any protection it offers will last long enough to quash this thing.

I don't need to look at what you suggested b/c you're, for some reason, trying to make a point that I wasn't arguing. Relativity doesn't matter. If it's around, it's around. And by saying "probably, but not necessarily", you're saying you believe it'll just eventually disappear all on its own.

I agree with all you say about a vaccine. There are 7 billion people on this earth. What do you think your chances are of getting them all going the same direction at the same time so they can all stay home for a month without any movement so the virus can be eradicated? No hospital workers, no cops, no ambulances running around, no grocery stores open. A full lockdown of everybody in the world. That is what eradication would take.What we will get is a vaccine or we will learn to live, or die, with coronavirus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom