Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like the new normal I have been hearing about.:)

You should be driving in Atlanta right now. Us "essential" folks drove at breakneck speeds on the roads for about six weeks. Now, the lower, slower folks are getting on the road. It's like driving in the LeMans right now.

You should be driving in Atlanta right now. Us "essential" folks drove at breakneck speeds on the roads for about six weeks. Now, the lower, slower folks are getting on the road. It's like driving in the LeMans right now.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

The driving pace here has been incredibly slow and laid back, I'm so glad this will be a casual reopening because if we went back top full on traffic mode, we'd lose 100's of scooter pilots.

They almost need to recertify anyone driving anything here!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

The driving pace here has been incredibly slow and laid back, I'm so glad this will be a casual reopening because if we went back top full on traffic mode, we'd lose 100's of scooter pilots.

They almost need to recertify anyone driving anything here!

I get Roberta's newsletter and one mentioned how one of her cats that had always been afraid to cross the road is now quite comfortable with it. Could be a lot of animals have lost their alertness if not fear of the road. Hope there isn't a rash of them getting run over as traffic picks up.

I never understood how some cat people think that they deserve free range hunting.

Reports of wildlife coming out of hiding and entering towns as well as park areas usually crowded with people have been seen from around the world. More recently there have been stories of people who did not take distance warnings seriously with bison and such.

I never understood how some cat people think that they deserve free range hunting.

Reports of wildlife coming out of hiding and entering towns as well as park areas usually crowded with people have been seen from around the world. More recently there have been stories of people who did not take distance warnings seriously with bison and such.
It’s not the free roaming cats that worry me—It’s the free roaming crocodiles

From the 3-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,956  ->  2,010
     Social Isolation             356  ->    368
     Hospitalized                 157  ->    151
     Recovered                  1,080  ->  1,099
     Deaths                       363  ->    392
Q Roo Tests pending               180  ->    194

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               46  ->     46
     Recovered                     25  ->     27
     Deaths                        11  ->     11
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1268229626737852418/photo/1
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

29 more deaths since yesterday's report. I don't recall seeing that big a jump for a while. Still waiting for the big reveal about details of the touted 8-June reopening.

From the 4-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           2,010  ->  2,071
     Social Isolation             368  ->    404
     Hospitalized                 151  ->    142
     Recovered                  1,099  ->  1,126
     Deaths                       392  ->    399
Q Roo Tests pending               194  ->    194

Cozumel
     Recovered                     25  ->     27
     Deaths                        11  ->     13
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1268588618341388295/photo/1
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

Yesterday Mexico reported over 1,000 COVID-19 related deaths across the country, a record and the first time exceeding 1,000.

Think health minister said part of the 1000 cases was clearing out a backlog of cases from up tests up to 25 days prior. That big of a spike in deaths from day to day is pretty unlikely to occur without some sort of a data issue

While I believe what he said, the other possible explanation is that someone forgot to massage the numbers before they released them

From the 5-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           2,071  ->  2,116
     Social Isolation             404  ->    414
     Hospitalized                 142  ->    142
     Recovered                  1,126  ->  1,153
     Deaths                       399  ->    407
Q Roo Tests pending               194  ->    184

Cozumel
     Recovered                     27  ->     27
     Deaths                        13  ->     13
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1268953742159810560/photo/1

The state of Quintana Roo has created the official web page for re-opening activities at ¡Reactivemos Quintana Roo! | Información general. While not always the best translations, the page plays well with Google Translate, which will make it easier to navigate around the site. Keep in mind that web pages, in general, tend to be updated less frequently than announcements on social media outlets.

Back
Top Bottom