Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel
Confirmed Cases 23 -> 22

I don't know why the number of confirmed cases for Cozumel went down.

The Municipal President issued a statement confirming the count of confirmed cases at 22. He said the revision was because one person went to and was tested at two different medical facilities.

From the 6-May noon update:
Code:
                                 Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases                 956  ->  979
     Social Isolation                 160  ->  166
     Hospitalized                     195  ->  192
     Recovered                        457  ->  464
     Deaths                           144  ->  157
Q Roo Tests pending                   128  ->  144

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases                  22   ->   22
     Recovered                        12   ->   12
     Deaths                            7   ->    7
Data from SESA Quintana Roo on Twitter
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

Nationally, cases are expected to peak in the next few days, with the highest levels of hospitalizations expected in the following two weeks. Cancun seems to be slowing down in the number of new cases. The Cozumel Municipal President is pleased that cases here are holding steady, and is cautiously optimistic of avoiding the worst case scenario at this point.

Can someone tell me when they plan to re-open Cozumel to scuba?

Thanks, I did not want to scroll through 32 pages of replies

I was told (not in charge anymore) that Aldora has plans to be able to open June 1, even if it is serving just 1 diver.

Disinfecting procedures and rational spacing is being implemented, and will be applied as the number of divers increase. For example, on their fast 40 for boat they may limit it to 6 divers and the smaller ones at 4 divers. As testing becomes more available all staff will be tested weekly. Check with them for details.

Dave Dillehay

The political rhetoric here is humorous - there's light at the end of the tunnel... Really? Cancun is right there at it's highest levels, new possible cases increase but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

The light is Cozumel - we have virtually nothing here - three confirmed active cases and not a word about letting us go back to life. Keep the curfew at 8-10, keep the limits on traveling here but let us go back to being outside, open the dang port. Three active cases that you could isolate in the hospital and let 80k people go back to their lives.

upload_2020-5-6_16-37-43.png

The political rhetoric here is humorous - there's light at the end of the tunnel... Really? Cancun is right there at it's highest levels, new possible cases increase but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

The light is Cozumel - we have virtually nothing here - three confirmed active cases and not a word about letting us go back to life. Keep the curfew at 8-10, keep the limits on traveling here but let us go back to being outside, open the dang port. Three active cases that you could isolate in the hospital and let 80k people go back to their lives.
Keeping hope alive we can find Thumper again in June!

Keeping hope alive we can find Thumper again in June!

I heard Thumper got hit and killed - that wasn't even funny that day!!!! That thing was gonna eat me!! I never seen the video - thanks!

Can someone tell me when they plan to re-open Cozumel to scuba?

Thanks, I did not want to scroll through 32 pages of replies

The truth is that no one knows. Any date you see bandied about is liable to change before it gets here.

From the 7-May noon update:
Code:
                                 Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases                 979  ->  994
     Social Isolation                 166  ->  170
     Hospitalized                     192  ->  193
     Recovered                        464  ->  464
     Deaths                           157  ->  167
Q Roo Tests pending                   144  ->  182

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases                  22   ->   22
     Recovered                        12   ->   12
     Deaths                            7   ->    7
Data from SESA Quintana Roo on Twitter
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

No new cases in Cozumel for at least a week; only 15 new cases across the state today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom