Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s not a game of tag. Inhaled dose is important. Half the dosage into the air is a risk reduction.

Also, one positive in a household doesn’t necessarily mean all will be positive. I’ve had several coworkers be symptomatic, test positive, and quarantine at home carefully without the other family members test positive (either by PCR or antibodies).

Huge reduction in active cases today, don't even care to speculate why - Cozumel, Playa and Cancun large drop in cases - like 550 less active ones today verses yesterday.....

118909816_2824755207746022_5543861455242140316_n.jpg

Huge reduction in active cases today, don't even care to speculate why - Cozumel, Playa and Cancun large drop in cases - like 550 less active ones today verses yesterday.....

View attachment 610281

Thanks for update Chuck. Good to meet you last week

I think one of the jurisdictions near me in the states may have shown a similar drop one time (or was it actually Q Roo? ). Just said cases were not contagious 14 days after a positive test (or something like that ) so no longer included in the count . It is probably true that infection risk is very low that far into the life of the infection , but I don’t remember the statistics. Can’t be easy to contact hundreds of people proving they are no longer positive for active virus to reduce the active count. If they aren’t contagious and aren’t in hospital probably not a lot of point in including in active case count

Main thing for me is hospitalizations is still pretty high. Yes , a lagging indicator somewhat ( but not as lagging as deaths ) but still ~triple where they were in June when we went from Red to Orange. Going to Yellow with almost triple the number in hospital when we went to Orange not exactly the best of signs. Regardless of how many times they say not to let your guard down people always take any loosening as a sign not to worry about virus

I was able to talk my wife & kids into heading into town for some food and souvenirs. We went to the only micro brewery in Cozumel, Cerviceria Punta Sur and had pizza and beers. Both were excellent. I also picked up a tee shirt. We got a lion fish pizza, a pepperoni pizza and chips and guac. Highly recommend!!!

Great restaurant and craft beer. We ate there twice last summer on our trip. One of a few places on the island to get an IPA and the lionfish pizza was delicious.

Which is more? Two people exhaling for five minutes or one person exhaling for ten minutes?

Better require Customers to arrive by car than bike or walking. Exhaling increases with activity.

surely limit visits to once per week as a person visiting two or three times is exhaling more.

maybe planes and ferries and hotels and restaurants will discover this magical preventive technique of limiting to one per family.

If one of you has covid likely the other does too.

Sorry I'm going off topic here but wanted to share my experience about this statement. To date I personally know only 2 people who have tested positive for the virus but know of a few others. One that I know personally - his wife had it (no symptoms) but he never did. One I know of (I organize tennis in a facility she runs, but haven't met her yet) - her high school daughter tested positive with a few symptoms, but she never got it. A strange virus!

Edit: Sorry I read someone else wrote something similar to this already.

Sorry I'm going off topic here but wanted to share my experience about this statement. To date I personally know only 2 people who have tested positive for the virus but know of a few others. One that I know personally - his wife had it (no symptoms) but he never did. One I know of (I organize tennis in a facility she runs, but haven't met her yet) - her high school daughter tested positive with a few symptoms, but she never got it. A strange virus!
Our son-in-law's parents both have the virus; luckily they have mild cases. They got it from a doctor friend of theirs who had had it but had recovered and subsequently tested negative. A couple of old friends of my mom's got it from their son, who got it at work. Although she is in aggressive chemo treatment for cancer, she never showed symptoms. He died.

I continue to wonder how various factions track cases.
  • In Lubbock county with 278,831 citizens, they've counted 8,867 cases = 3.2%, 103 deaths = 1.2%
  • In Hale county where I shop weekly with 36,273 citizens, they've counted 1,675 cases = 4.6%, 49 deaths = 2.9% (I get irritated by unmasked shoppers and more so by unmasked employees!)
  • In my rural county of 6,446, 99 cases = only 1.5%, but 9 deaths = 9%. (Mask wearing here is a real joke! With such a lower infection rate so far, so many pretend to be unaffected until they go to a funeral.)
  • Travis county with Austin has a population of 1,273,954, 26,931 cases = 2.1%, 382 deaths = 1.4%.
  • Harris county with Houston and a population of 4,092,459, 110,762 cases = 2.7%, 2,335 deaths = 2.1%.
I guess that it'll be a couple of years before the overall analysis is done and understood.

Really, there seems no point. Last week flying into Cancun I filled it out and no one ever looked at it. On leaving from Cozumel I did the same with the same result.

Dave Dillehay
Same here, flew into Cozumel for a week on August 22nd, filled out the form on line and couldn't get anyone to take it at the airport so it went into the trash at my hotel room. But they were still handing out the forms in the immigration line--go figure.

It's been over two weeks since an update here. How is the situation with Covid-19, curfews, diving, shopping, etc?

Back
Top Bottom