Question Cozumel AO/AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CathyE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there an Adults Only AI in Cozumel?
Trying to decide where to go in Dec.
Thanks!

Secrets is the only one I know know for sure. Read reviews before you book though.

If you go the first half of December there won't be many kids at Cozumel Palace. If you're going around Christmas it will be overrun with kids.

Thanks!
We usually go somewhere the middle 2 weeks of Dec, getting home more or less for Christmas.
We have been going to Dreams in Bayahibe, but now find it over run with kids even during this earlier time frame.
I like (most) kids well enough, just not on my vacation. :)
I will research the hotels, I just wanted a starting point. Years ago (+/- 15) we stayed at the Iberostar and the Occidental Grand.

Thanks!
We usually go somewhere the middle 2 weeks of Dec, getting home more or less for Christmas.
We have been going to Dreams in Bayahibe, but now find it over run with kids even during this earlier time frame.
I like (most) kids well enough, just not on my vacation. :)
I will research the hotels, I just wanted a starting point. Years ago (+/- 15) we stayed at the Iberostar and the Occidental Grand.
That weekend before Christmas is when all the kids show up. There will be a few before that but not a lot. We're heading home on the 19th for that reason (and to beat the weekend travel.)

Neither the food or rooms at Secrets Aura will be as nice as Dreams Bayahibe, but we like Secrets Aura anyway. It is nice enough for the price and far enough south that the boat rides to the dive sites are short. PC “superior” rooms are the most recently updated and close to the Ala carte restaurants and the boat dock. Also as far from the sister resorts that allow kids as possible. There is a dive op on site, but most divers seem to dive with other operations. Skip the hotel transfer unless it is free. Taxi is faster and cheaper.

Neither the food or rooms at Secrets Aura will be as nice as Dreams Bayahibe, but we like Secrets Aura anyway. It is nice enough for the price and far enough south that the boat rides to the dive sites are short. PC “superior” rooms are the most recently updated and close to the Ala carte restaurants and the boat dock. Also as far from the sister resorts that allow kids as possible. There is a dive op on site, but most divers seem to dive with other operations. Skip the hotel transfer unless it is free. Taxi is faster and cheaper.
Thanks! I appreciate the hotel specific comparisons.
Transfer is almost always included with Canadian packages. :)

That weekend before Christmas is when all the kids show up. There will be a few before that but not a lot. We're heading home on the 19th for that reason (and to beat the weekend travel.)
Good to know, our anniversary is the 19th so we need to stay a little later. :)

Wow! I find this thread also helps me a lot!
Secret Aura looks nice, but how about the scuba diving? Do I have to contact a dive shop nearby (if yes, do you know which one?) or do they have a shop they are partnered with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom