Coz Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divelover

Reaction score
Looking at Presidente and new Grand Occidental May 3-10. Taking my kids 7 and 10 any recommendations. Is St Croix North Shore even close to the dives in Coz? Other optionfor us is Middle Keys.

Hey Divelover,

Been to Coz many times over the last few years and stayed at the Presidente the last four trips. Love the hotel. Absolutely beautiful grounds, rooms, beach, etc. Best on the island and well worth the extra few dollars. If you have any other questions send me a PM.

Jason

The beach at Occidental is washed out so you need to walk down the"dune" to the water.... Otherwise it is a nice place.

squidguy,

How far from your room is that beach in the jpeg? I am assuming your weights and tanks are on the boat, and your just dragging your gear. It doesn’t look too far if that is the case. Kind of like Bonaire.

Mike

Be aware that some of the rooms at the Grand Occidental are a very long way from the beach, and even with tanks & weights on the boat hauling wetsuit, fins, mask, reg, BC, etc. can be a real pain. Best as I know, no beachside gear storage facilities.

Best bet if staying here is to go with one of the ops that keep all of your gear on board for the duration of your diving.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

divelover once bubbled...
Looking at Presidente and new Grand Occidental May 3-10. Taking my kids 7 and 10 any recommendations. Is St Croix North Shore even close to the dives in Coz? Other optionfor us is Middle Keys.

St Croix....Nowhere near. Several hundred miles at least.

i recommend staying at el presidente -- the dive shop (scuba du) is right on the beach, literally 2 steps from the hotel building; they store your gear and make everything pleasant and easy. i believe they have kiddie care programs as well -- the beach is private to el presidente so you don't have to worry so much abou them running off.

all in all, it's worth the extra price when you are on vacation. i'm going in 9 days!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom