Coz food junkies... help me pick!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousMe:
I can never describe where La Cocay is.....I just know enough to tell the cab drivers where to go :)

Anyway.....here's a link for them.

http://www.islacozumel.net/food/la_cocay/

Peace,
Cathie

Great web site. Looks adorable. Will you be in town that week to join us? May 1 to 8

They open later....around 7 pm I think and are open to around midnight. Recommended by dive masters on the island....excellent food. Had 6 tacos and bean soup w/cheese for around 60 pesos. I will be going back in may when I am down there. Really a must do in my opinion.

Natasha:
Great web site. Looks adorable. Will you be in town that week to join us? May 1 to 8

It seems this is becoming my standard pattern.....I'll be there on May 8...I think that happened last time y'all were down here :)

What time are y'all leaving?

Oh and as an aside....since La Cocay is off the beaten path, generally the only "cruise crowd" you'll find there is the crew :)

Peace,
Cathie

CuriousMe:
It seems this is becoming my standard pattern.....I'll be there on May 8...I think that happened last time y'all were down here :)

What time are y'all leaving?

Oh and as an aside....since La Cocay is off the beaten path, generally the only "cruise crowd" you'll find there is the crew :)

Peace,
Cathie

Cathie!
I think we may finally meet. Our flight is at 4:44 PM so we have all of the morning and lunch before we have to leave.
Maybe you can come up to PLG..and we can walk over to Rockin Java that day?

Natasha:
Hmmm I love Lobster. Tell me more about them. North of town..by the airport? Fancy Place? More please.

Natasha, Not a fancy place at all, mostly lite by candles, you go in and sit down, we had a drink, then you go up to the bar and pick out the lobster tail that you want. They are brought in fresh daily from somewhere up north of the island. After you pick out your lobster tail, that's it, you go back sit down and wait. All the sides are the same for everybody! The Lobster House is owned by one brother and next door is another place that does other seafoods. Seems they have an agreement one sells lobster, the other does the other seafood.

It's actually farther north than the airport, it was dark, my first time there, but just telling the cab driver I wanted to go to the Lobster House, he knew where to go.

For Coz, it seemed a bit pricey, about 60.00 for two people, but that depends on the size lobster tail you get.

Oh I almost forgot, they brought an after dinner drink that was great, a banana mix of some sort. I think the waiter liked his tip, he brought the whole bottle! (what a mistake! :crafty: )

Danny

Thanks Danny!
I will be there with a group and not my husband, so I'll have to see if they want to pay that much for dinner. I will try to check it out when I head up that way to do a hotel inspection at Playa Azul..and at least peek in.

Natasha:
Thanks Danny!
I will be there with a group and not my husband, so I'll have to see if they want to pay that much for dinner. I will try to check it out when I head up that way to do a hotel inspection at Playa Azul..and at least peek in.

Natasha, hope you have a great time. I did and am taking a group back down at the end of July.

sent us over to Capi's a couple years back and it's a must do every year now.... good seafood! FRESH! Here's a link Bren found that's pretty good info on Coz dining...http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/restaurants.html
Have a safe and fun time, Natasha.....we have to wait 'till July when it's all hot to go....alas....

tony

Natasha:
Cathie!
I think we may finally meet. Our flight is at 4:44 PM so we have all of the morning and lunch before we have to leave.
Maybe you can come up to PLG..and we can walk over to Rockin Java that day?

WoooHooo :)

Lunch sounds great...we dock right around noon (ET.....I can't remember if Mexico does Daylight savings time or not)....before we switched times, it was around 11:00 Coz time.

I'm assuming that PLG is the downtown cruise ship pier?

Peace,
Cathie

txbohunk:
It's actually farther north than the airport, it was dark, my first time there, but just telling the cab driver I wanted to go to the Lobster House, he knew where to go.

It's pretty much directly across the street from Cabañas del Caribe, which, BTW, has a so-so restaurant that is a fantastic sunset spot. There are tables right up against a low wall over the water, and they give you stale bread to feed the sergeant-majors and tangs. When it gets dark, they turn on these big underwater lights and the tarpon come in. When we go to the lobster house we usually first catch the sunset over a couple of drinks at CdC.

txbohunk:
Oh I almost forgot, they brought an after dinner drink that was great, a banana mix of some sort. I think the waiter liked his tip, he brought the whole bottle!

That would be rompope (rom POPE ay) and it's vanilla. Sort of like a milk punch made with half and half. Yum. I like Xtabentun (shta ben TOON) better, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom