Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About as I'd guessed. We went shopping today and found out that the tourist influx is going to come to a pretty screeching halt after Friday. Seems like Netherlands has increased their level of concern and told people to not travel instead of just advising against it. I think local measures are obviously going to make more difference so that's just news. It's bad news for businesses but that's not new.

Are they going to close travel to the island?

Are they going to close travel to the island?
It looks like they're going to severely restrict it. They'll probably still have flights for essential people like medical staff. Some of the fresh food we get comes on those planes too but we did have zero air traffic at the beginning of this thing. That's when the signs about hoarding (called hamstering in the Netherlands) were up in all of the food stores. Looks like the first vaccines will get here in the middle of February. First in line are medical staff and people over 60.

More cases reported today; now at 58.

date active cases
24-Dec 3
25-Dec
26-Dec
27-Dec 3
28-Dec 3
29-Dec 5
30-Dec 8
31-Dec 13
1-Jan 29
2-Jan 49
3-Jan 58
And it just keeps growing:
4-Jan 65
5-Jan 74
6-Jan 85
In addition, there are currently 250 people in quarantine.
For comparison, on Dec 28 there were 27 people in quarantine.

Hi @tursiops

This is such disappointing and discouraging news
I agree totally. I am taking groups to Bonaire in August for as long as four weeks.
At least....that has been the plan.

And it just keeps growing:
4-Jan 65
5-Jan 74
6-Jan 85
In addition, there are currently 250 people in quarantine.
For comparison, on Dec 28 there were 27 people in quarantine.
Only 82 active cases today.....but five new cases; that is, there were eight recoveries.
Quarantine numbers have grown in one day from 250 to 320.

Tursiops, have you seen any mention of which strain is predominate?

Back
Top Bottom