Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depressingly familiar. I’d think they could vaccinate the whole island soon and hope they do.

Divi Air shows it is flying to Bonaire from Aruba, Is that not the case?

Depressingly familiar. I’d think they could vaccinate the whole island soon and hope they do.
I don't think they can do this without The Netherlands providing the vaccine.

Divi Air shows it is flying to Bonaire from Aruba, Is that not the case?
Is that not through Curacao? Flights from Curacao are OK.

What's the actual population of Bonaire? I've seen sources say from 15k to 25k.

I don't think they can do this without The Netherlands providing the vaccine.
Things change quickly!
Posted today on the government website:
OLB IS PREPARING FOR CORONA VACCINATION
January 12, 2021
Kralendijk - The public body of Bonaire expects to start the vaccination program to combat the corona virus in February 2021. As soon as the planning is known, the population is informed when exactly and where the vaccination will start and who will be the first to qualify for this. Ultimately, every adult on Bonaire can get vaccinated. This is done in collaboration with the general practitioners and Fundashon Mariadal hospital.

Things are still happening quickly. There were 7 new cases today, but 15 recoveries, so the current number of active cases is 113.
The Good News is the travel ban on flights from the US will be lifted tomorrow (!!), although it will probably be Feb before the airlines get them scheduled and flying.
You WILL need a PCR test 72h or less before arriving in Bonaire, and arrangements are being made for testing at the hotels to get people (the newly required) tests prior to their return to the US.
More details expected soon.

Added: See PCR Testing on Bonaire Available for Visitors | InfoBonaire for more info on PCR testing on Boanire, now needed to get home to the US or Canada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom