Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And make that 46 active cases for Jan 2.
More restrictions have been instituted. There are no vaccinations on island yet.
An additional surge is anticipated following the New Years Eve socialization.
More cases reported today; now at 58.

date active cases
24-Dec 3
25-Dec
26-Dec
27-Dec 3
28-Dec 3
29-Dec 5
30-Dec 8
31-Dec 13
1-Jan 29
2-Jan 49
3-Jan 58

I moved here just in time for the Covid thing to happen. The government is pretty tight lipped about contact tracing, etc. and I suppose they have reasons. There has been some information that they had to divulge. The second fatality was a guy that helped my wife and I in the Tax Office. He was a great guy and super helpful. The pattern has been Tax Office, two banks, some schools, church gathering, and a party. None of that suggests that tourists are the source since those are places frequented by people that live here.

The holidays and get togethers with families are probably behind the latest surge. I think it will get a bit worse and then tail off in the middle of the month. We'll see. We're staying a bit more away from folks with the recent rise in cases. I haven't been into town in a few days. Monday will be interesting to see if the security guards are back at the doors of the supermarkets. There are new restrictions that go into effect tomorrow. The hospital is back to not allowing visitors any longer. Two family members at a time and no kids in the stores, stuff like that.

The holidays and get togethers with families are probably behind the latest surge. I think it will get a bit worse and then tail off in the middle of the month. .
That's exactly what we're seeing stateside as well. It was predicted, the public was warned, they were told how to prevent it, and we're setting records on numbers anyway. Covid fatigue is real. I've even witnessed an RN not wearing a mask at all, prepping a Covid positive Pt for transfer.

More cases reported today; now at 58.

date active cases
24-Dec 3
25-Dec
26-Dec
27-Dec 3
28-Dec 3
29-Dec 5
30-Dec 8
31-Dec 13
1-Jan 29
2-Jan 49
3-Jan 58
Up from 58 to 65 today.

Up from 58 to 65 today.
About as I'd guessed. We went shopping today and found out that the tourist influx is going to come to a pretty screeching halt after Friday. Seems like Netherlands has increased their level of concern and told people to not travel instead of just advising against it. I think local measures are obviously going to make more difference so that's just news. It's bad news for businesses but that's not new.

About as I'd guessed. We went shopping today and found out that the tourist influx is going to come to a pretty screeching halt after Friday. Seems like Netherlands has increased their level of concern and told people to not travel instead of just advising against it. I think local measures are obviously going to make more difference so that's just news. It's bad news for businesses but that's not new.
Any word of the vaccine in Bonaire?

Saw it coming a mile off, that dive trip just had to happen. WOW

Back
Top Bottom